“Avoid this place!”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 3, 2013

With all the wonderful places available in Sarasota Fl., this is one to avoid! The service was poor and the sushi rolls where tasteless. We ordered 6n different rolls and 2 orders of Teriyaki chicken and every dish lacked flavor.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Best hidden jewel in Sarasota. Freshest sushi I've ever had. There are no other fancy restaurants in town that can compare to Sake. You will love it.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is by far the most incredible sushi in Sarasota and Bradenton! My husband and I have tried quite a few places but this is now our favorite. The freshness and taste of the sushi is unmatched and it is not expensive. Their lobster roll is like $8.95. Anywhere else, you're looking at close to $15. We have the same waitress everytime we're there and she is so sweet. Plus, on our second visit we were trying to remember what we had on our first visit and she remembered. Unreal! Anyway, I highly recommend this restaurant. It is incredible!!

3  Thank golfgal5674
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My sister discovered Sake House online originally, I joined her to give it a try in September of 2012. An unassuming venue, Sake House is modest in size and decor but very clean, delicious food, superb personal service and quite reasonable in cost.
When I returned to visit in February of this year I was pleased to dine there with friends, and again enjoyed a superb meal and flawless service. Everyone commented on both the quality of food and service.
Having enjoyed another meal in May of this year, I felt it was time to review this little diamond as being the very best sushi in Sarasota!

1  Thank Rick M
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My brother is a frequent visitor from CT to my home on Siesta Key, and we're both rabid sushi fans. After trying a few local eateries together and finding them to be good, but not GREAT, on his third visit here we decided to Google "best sushi in Sarasota" and we saw a handful of 5-star reviews about Sake House, which I had never heard of. So we gave it a try...

Well, Sake House deserves more than a handful of great reviews. My brother and I, along with several friends to whom we have now recommended this wonderful place, might argue that Sake House is one of the best kept secrets on Florida's west coast. The food is always wonderful, the presentation and innovative combinations of flavors and visual appeal always spectacular, the personal attention of the staff always consistent - to the extent of remembering everything we favor both in seating and on the menu, and the pricing is the best I'm aware of at any sushi house I've ever visited! And did I mention that the food is amazing?

I almost hesitate to tell anyone how great this place is, because I don't want to have to wait in line when the word gets out. But Sake House deserves the 5 stars I'm giving it here, and then some. Give it a try - and if you enjoy crab, don't miss the volcano roll!

1  Thank AubeO