“Kid-friendly spring break trip.”

The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota
Ranked #3 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
GreenLeadersGold level
Akron, Ohio
“Kid-friendly spring break trip.”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

We had a very nice spring break trip and would definitely return to this hotel.
We love the Sarasota area and we did have our own car to take us to all of
our favorite spots. We did pay ALOT for parking ($24 per day) but it was worth it for us
to come and go. We did not use the hotel van.
Dean out front was attentive, polite and always had a wonderful recommendation.
It was crowded with many kids… that was great for our daughter who found friends
to play with everyday. Not so great when a family with 7 kids was in the room next
door. Service at the beach club was very good. They were busy so
there was a reasonable wait for food service. The service at the hotel pool was
polite but often slow. Service in the restaurant was sometimes slow as well but we were
on vacation and did not mind. Our room was very clean and had a lovely view of the marina.
We will stay again in August when it will be less crowded.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank SBK552001

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (452)
Newport Beach
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I have stayed at this property every year for six years. I have stayed alone, with my sister (and children) and my parents. Finally, next week, my husband is joining me for his 50th birthday present.
I am shocked to read the negative reviews. The hotel is beautiful and my rooms have been spotless and well appointed. From the doorman to the front desk to the concierge and spa staff, service is impeccable. The staff has clearly been trained to accommodate. The one glitch with a room service order was resolved so quickly with a replacement item, I tipped the server a second time.
The bus to the Beach Club is free (but tip your driver cause they are super nice and always have cold water). The Club itself is a large shallow pool, a smaller pool and a large jacuzzi. There is a fun and happening little tiki bar on the beach. They are open to the public, but the Sarasota beach people couldn't be nicer and they often have a band on the sand. Since the drive goes through St Armand's, you never really have to drive anywhere during your stay.
I went to the new bar last year and had a great time. The food (mozzarella salad and steamers ) was very good and the atmosphere lively.
Since I was there last July, I don't expect anything less, though after reading some reviews here, I am secretly keeping my fingers crossed we will have the experience I have had in the past.

Room Tip: If possible, upgrade to the club level and you will be super impressed. The spa has a Vichy Shower...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank WineGal2
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We recently stayed at The Ritz Carlton in Sarasota as a birthday present from my husband.
The overall property is lovely. Meticulous interior and exterior. Beautiful landscaping and flowers. Our room was very spacious and "uber- clean"! Little extras like bottled water and glasses ( not plastic) were appreciated. There is a little mini-bar/refrigerator in the room. The young man that brought up our luggage said that we could take out the supplied drinks in the frig and use the frig for what we needed to keep cold. Just put everything back in before we left so we wouldn't be charged. Nice coffee maker and coffee supply in the room ,also. The bathroom was beautiful marble and very large. Plenty of thick fluffy towels and shampoo and lotions. Bathroom was bright, clean, and spotless!
Our biggest complaint with the room was with the bed... The bed was hard, hard, hard, not comfortable at all, and creaky!!! Marriott beds and Westin beds are FAR superior!! Cmon' Ritz...get with the program! Time to update those beds!
Housekeeping was very good and was so nice to come back to the room at night and bed be turned down, robe folded on the bed, shades drawn, and chocolate on the pillows. In the morning however, there were loud voices in the hallway, or down at the end of the hallway. I am guessing it was housekeeping starting their day, but cant be sure. Woke me up every morning.
The walls in the bedroom were very, very thin. I don't know if it was because we had the adjoining door between us and the room next door. We could hear all the coughing, sneezing, and TV from next door. If you can, request a room without the door between the rooms.
The Ritz Beach Club on Lido Key was unbelievable. Beautiful club house and pool. Wonderful service poolside. The beach was easily accessible, with chaise lounge chairs on the beach, and umbrellas if you would like. The young guys working on the beach were always around when needed . Very friendly and helpful. You could order food and drinks on the beach also.
Our biggest gripe was the parking...guests CANNOT park their own cars- either at the hotel or the beach club. The lot was right down the driveway, so it was easy enough to walk to your own car. So each time the valet had to go get your car, and when you came back you drove up the entranceway and the valet would park it. Wasted time. We would have rather just walk to the parking lot ourselves. Besides that...there was a $24 per day parking charge!!!!!
We had dinner one night in Jack Duskys. Some of the best calamari we have ever had. Also best sunset!! Jillian was a wonderful server! And the sticky toffee pudding was to die for!!!
Overall, we loved the friendliness of all the staff at The Ritz. From the front desk, to the pool staff, to the valet, and luggage guys- everyone was respectful and friendly. The service was outstanding.

4 Thank susea39
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Best service from a Ritz-Carlton that I've seen. I really loved this place.

This hotel used to have a very "old money" feel to it. It still retains some of that, but parts have been renovated and it definitely seems to be for the better.

The room: Spacious and wonderfully appointed. The bathroom is covered in gorgeous white marble. Toiletries fantastic. Free shoe shining is wonderful!! I packed extra shoes for the occasion :) Lovely robes. The custom coffee/tea chest was so elegant. Looks so much better than just sitting on a tray. Water all around you, Sarasota skyline is beautiful too. Location is fantastic you get the best of both worlds: downtown and beachclub access.

The Spa: facilities were kind of small but super relaxing. The best part was the co-ed relaxation balcony. Gorgeous views of the water and the Ritz-Carlton landscaping. Enjoying fruit infused water in the comfy robes. We had the whole balcony to ourselves every time, it was fantastic! I love the cold towels w/ cucumbers.

Our Anniversary: We were celebrating our anniversary during our stay, this Ritz-Carlton went above and beyond. The one in Key Biscayne didn't even acknowledge it!
We had chocolate covered strawberries, a hand written note, an awesome Sarasota Ritz keychain and more! I was so impressed that they went the extra mile, now that is service! That is what I expect from a property of this category. Well-done Ladies & Gentlemen!!

The Beach club is a HUGE plus. Yes, with traffic the shuttle can be inconvenient but they do have free valet, so we drove ourselves. I promise its worth a trip out there. First, St. Armands circle has so much to offer, but the beach club is gorgeous!!!! Restaurant, pool, hot tubs, tiki bar and beach all together! Perfect!! The hotel is on the bay, but the beach club is ocean ocean ocean!!!! Prime real estate!

2 Thank RT_in_FL
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 21, 2014

This was our 5th visit over a period of 10 years and we had a wonderful time! Our last visit was last Easter and we had a great time however we must say that this year the whole "feel" was back to how it had previously been. Staff were more relaxed than they had been last year and the service was back to the outstanding levels! Special mentions to Joe, Dean and Hans at the main hotel and Cheryl, Britney and Ryan at the beach restaurant - all made time to chat and ensure we were having a great time and super suggestipns made for breakfast. dinner and Mote Marine.
The Beach House is spectacular and draws us back time after time.

If you are looking for a great location and excellent service The Ritz Carlton Sarasota is super!!

P.S - Upon our return to the UK we realised we had lost one of our daughters Kaftans. A brief email to the Hotel and it was located and is in the process of being returned to us - Thank you Lori - another example of Outstanding Service!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank SarahC164
West Islip, New York
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Stayed at the Ritz and had access to any BMW I wanted to drive for the days I was there (there was a time restriction for how long you had it but 4 or 5 hours a day more than enough). Hotel guest get to enjoy the Ritz private beach club and that was absolutely gorgeous. Will be doing it again real soon.

2 Thank Jspagjr
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed April 15, 2014

It was my birthday and they treated me like a queen. Cupcakes and champagne in my room very relaxing. Loved the view from my room. Staff so very friendly... luxury to the max. fun time.. first class all the way!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank sfisher52
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarasota
Hyatt Regency Sarasota
#1 of 48 in Sarasota
Tropical Beach Resorts
Tropical Beach Resorts
#3 of 12 in Siesta Key

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota? Share your experiences!