The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota
$139
$195
HotelIndigo.com
Comfort Suites Sarasota(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
$110
$99
Knights Inn Sarasota(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
$75
$99
$93
Hotel Ranola(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
$139
$79
QualityInn
Regency Inn & Suites(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
$69
Lido Beach Resort(Sarasota)
$256
$239
  • Pool
$167
  • Pool
2,344 results
All reviewsbeach clubclub levellocker roomthe main hotelhotel poolturn down servicevalet staffbeautiful hotelpool staffwater viewmarina viewshuttle buslido keyshuttle servicest armands circlepool sideresort fee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 19, 2014

This hotel was very nice, but the luxury was overshadowed by their charging $15 a day for wifi access. I can get free wifi if I buy a $4 cup of coffee at Starbucks, buy from the dollar menu at McDonalds or a stay at a budget hotel. When a luxury hotel charges several hundred dollars a night PLUS adds $15 wifi charge, that is nickel and dime. The property has a swimming pool and health center which I did not use, but no doubt was included in the cost of the room. Management, build wifi access in the cost of the room!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Traveler N
Damien O, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Dear Traveler N,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I was sorry to hear of your disappointment. Feedback is extremely important to us and how we learn in what areas we need to improve. If you have the time and would like to contact me directly, I can be reached at 941-309-2001.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

From the moment you pull into the beautiful downtown Sarasota property you are greeted and taken care of by the friendly valet and bellmen. Inside we had to wait a few minutes as we checked in early with the wonderful front desk agent Lori Oches--she immediately offered a glass of champagne and took her time checking us in to tell us all about the property. On our last evening she also sent up a beautiful plate of strawberries and champagne as she knew my boyfriend and I were up from Orlando for a brief staycation/Valentines Day which just was over the top. As soon as we unpacked we jumped on the trolly to head over to the Beach Club for sunset..the views are absolutely breath taking (we spent our entire second day out at the beach club). We finished our evening with light appetizers and drinks on the Jack Dusty patio with Kimmy who was so friendly and intuitive! We started our day two in the bay on the hotel provided kayaks exploring the harbor. The hotel amenities were so worth it and the friendly staff made our mini vacation worth while. Lastly, the hotel is settled right off the Sarasota Recreational Trail which is a must walk/run especially during sunrise and set. For us this hotel met all of our needs and then some really surprising us and we are already making plans to come back!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Desp022
Reviewed February 19, 2014

This is a somewhat dated but still beautiful hotel. In addition, the staff tries very hard and, in most cases, succeeds with their efforts. However, our stay was flawed by three factors:

-They have a key problem. The electronic keys are not reliable and we were forced to repeatedly return to the front desk for new keys. This is a known problem at the hotel, with others sharing our experience. However, they have not moved to fix it.

-The front desk is understaffed. There was not a single occasion when we did not have to stand in line in order to received the required service.

-The most important problem is the fact that there is no venue in the restaurant where one can have a quiet dinner. The only restaurant in the hotel is Jack Dusty (see separate review) and, because of an extremely unfortunate design, noise level are intolerable. It is impossible to carry on a conversation in a normal voice in this venue.

I would not return to this hotel.

Room Tip: The one bedroom suites are very functional.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dawg_Lover1

Dear byrddawg,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment. I am very sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is a valuable tool so we can avoid any recurrence and to that end, if you can afford the time, please feel free to contact me directly at your convenience at 941-309-2001 as I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this with you further.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Note, most of what I write in this review is bench marked against the Naples Ritz - which I believe is simply the best. Both provide exceptional service throughout the hotels. However, the Sarasota Ritz just falls short in so many areas. For example, the rooms (at least #427) are sooooo average and lack any personality or character. But that's okay since everything felt clean and well stocked.

The Beach Club was excellent but 3 miles away. Not a big deal getting there in the morning - that is, not much traffic. However, oh boy!! Leaving around 4pm and you better watch out! Over 45 minutes to get back to the hotel. This is an observation that needs to be pointed out (certainly the hotel will say there is nothing they can do to control the traffic, and they are right). However, I'm writing this review to inform others of one of the glaring downsides of staying at this hotel. Its just disappointing that you have to literally get in a vehicle (or you could ride a bike I suppose) to get to the beach only to get back in a vehicle and wait in just downright awful traffic to get back (Sunday afternoon).

Here is where I really had an issue with this hotel. They offer the "Ritz Kids" program which obviously is meant to cater to families. Seems like a wonderful program. Throughout the stay, I was so impressed with the Kids program coordinator who was very friendly and helpful. However, relative to the Naples Ritz, you simply can't get anything casual to eat for the kids at the hotel (not at the Beach Club). I simply wanted to get my kids ice cream...plain ol vanilla or strawberry ice cream. At the Naples Ritz, they had a little shop where you can purchase drinks, snacks, candy, coffee and ice cream. Nothing exists here.

So, I proceeded to go into the only restaurant on the property (Jack Dusty) and ask the hostess if they served ice cream - and specifically ice cream for the kids. She said they do offer ice cream. She was very pleasant and friendly and sat us in the lobby. The waitress then offers up the ice cream on the adult menu, which is priced at $9. She recommended one for each child. I was confused why I would need two servings for a 5 and 3 year old. She explained it was pretty much one scoop. It was barely one scoop...for $9! Unacceptable.

I spoke to the manager and expressed my disappointment. He was kind enough to comp it which was extremely nice. So to conclude, nice but not great facilities; lacks certain amenities for kids; and lacks any personality as a hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank jandheather

Dear jandheather,

Thank you for your review. I was pleased you enjoyed the overall service provided during your stay but very sorry to learn we did not provide the traditional Ritz-Carlton facilities, location and children’s offerings you have come to enjoy and expect. If you could afford the time, I would very much appreciate the opportunity to be in touch with you. Please feel free to contact me directly at 941-309-2001 at your convenience.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Let me start with the wonderful power walk I took around the Sarasota Recreational Trail. When I arrived back at the Ritz Carlton I was sweaty and exhilarated. One of the bellman greeted me with a towel and icy water. What a great "welcome back". Talk about making you feel like a valued guest. In addition, big shout out to Katie the concierge who facilitated my husband's surprise flowers and wine gift in my room! And not to forget the always friendly and accommodating front desk staff. A great stay thanks to all of them....

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank GeorgiBG

Dear GeorgiBG,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review with the TripAdvisor Community regarding your recent experience at our beautiful resort located at the base of the Ringling Bridge Causeway overlooking Sarasota Bay and gateway to vibrant downtown Sarasota on one side of the Hotel and St. Armand’s Circle on the other. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and the personalized service provided by our Concierge Katie and Front Desk team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.