“Stylish and comfortable hotel in an ideal location”

Hilton Garden Inn Sarasota - Bradenton Airport
Ranked #22 of 51 Hotels in Sarasota
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Practically next door to The Ringling Museum Of Art, New College and SRQ Int'l. Airport, the Hilton Garden Inn is nicely located and set back from Tamiami Trail (US 41). Very quiet and spacious bedrooms, fantastic pool and whirlpool with pretty landscaping, beautiful lobby and decor is what this location offers its guests. Vibrant, downtown Sarasota and St. Armand's Circle at Lido Key, along with Lakewood Ranch Shops are all just a few minutes drive away. A perfect hotel to stay at while in the Sarasota-Bradenton area!

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the swimming pool.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank DELTA-Girl-1997
HGISarasota, David Alexander, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Sarasota - Bradenton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2011

Thanks for sharing your experiences on Trip Advisor. We're glad you enjoyed you stay, and many of our area's great attractions. We hope to see you and your family again soon.

Reviewed October 12, 2011

I stay at this hotel at least one week each month. It is always a pleasure as soon as I arrive at the lobby to check in. The front desk recognizes me each time, and always makes sure I get my favorite rooms (high floor with a view of the bay).

If you need to be near the airport and major business parks in the area, while also wanting to be close to areas like downtown Sarasota and the beaches (I work in Bradenton get the Bealls corporate rate), this is the place to be – next to the airport, very near downtown Sarasota and on U.S. 41, the major road to Bradenton. The staff is very friendly and helpful no matter the time of day or night.

The hotel has a bar and dining area where you will meet interesting and well traveled guests. The food is great, and prices very reasonable for a hotel. The bartenders will have you relaxed after a tiring day travelling or working. The hotel has a large number of repeat guests because of the service.

Can't ask for a better hotel in the area!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank F L
HGISarasota, David Alexander, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Sarasota - Bradenton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2011

Thank you for the great feedback. Knowing how busy you and your colleagues are traveling, taking the time to share your experiences means a lot to us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 9, 2011

Staff was most gracious, everyone we had contact with. Saved $30 by calling hotel direct rather than online booking. Dining room is not very formal but my wife's steak and my salmon were beautifully prepared. Room was very clean and well furnished. Located one mile from the Ringling Museum(so much more than circus history). We plan to stay there again next spring.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jimmy J

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I’ll be showing your comments about the steak and salmon to all our restaurant chefs and our Food & Beverage Director. ... Glad to hear you plan on returning. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 28, 2011

The location of this hotel worked so well for our recent long weekend. However, the walls are thin and can hear too much thru bathroom vents. The nights we were there, people were coming and going constantly...loudly.

The beds are interesting. You are able to adjust the firmness and I was excited to try it out. Didn't really get it spot on, however, after traveling to a different HGI this weekend, I know my settings. Oh, and I now know you can set both sides of the bed.

The air conditioner is a LOUD window unit with control on the wall. Not a constant temp (we would get pretty hot when it turned off) and very loud.

With all that said, it was a clean hotel. That goes a long way sometimes.

Overall, I don't think we would book here again.

• Stayed: August 2011
HGISarasota, David Alexander, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Sarasota - Bradenton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2011

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay. Our ACs do cycle on and off in order to conserve energy, as part of our environmental efforts as a member of Florida's Green Lodging program. However, the noise should be minimal. When you have the chance, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could contact me directly at david.alexander@hilton.com or 941-552-1110 so that I could have maintenance take a look at the AC in that particular room. I am sincerely sorry about the noise, and would like to make things right.

We'd also be delighted to welcome you back, and do whatever we can to ensure noise is not an issue for your next stay.

Reviewed August 23, 2011

I find most HGI's acceptable and a few to be very nice. This one was neither. Lobby was okay, staff were strange, out of bottled water in pantry, carpet in room was stained, I would not sit in either the chair or sofa in the room, which might have been bought from a Motel 6 or Comfort Inn that was remodeling. The room has odor like something was sprayed to cover up cigarette smoke all of which made me feel like something was crawling or jumping on me (no proof that anything was). Bathroom was small, clean and basic. Sheets might have been standard HGI, but seemed vey cheap after being at Hilton in St. Pete the night before, which was not luxury, just better. I saw a Hampton Inn & Suites, which I try to avoid, and a Hyatt Place on the way here and would try either before returning.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I sincerely regret that you were disappointed with your recent stay, and surprised about the comments concerning housekeeping/maintenance, as they do not reflect our typical standards. I'd appreciate the chance to speak with you directly to try to make things right. Please feel free to give me a call at -------- any time.

Reviewed August 13, 2011

I treated some friends to a 3-day getaway at HGI Sarasota-Bradenton airport. They have nothing but good to say about this hotel! The courteous, helpful front desk, the attentive maid service, the fabulous spread for breakfast and the bartender and servers in the restaurant, all these made for a great stay. They liked the food at breakfast so much they had dinner at the HGI restaurant--the best steak they ever ate. The husband loved the beds and the ergonomic desk chair. He wants one of these chairs for his desk at home! The room was handicapped accessible as advertised and the staff welcomed their service dog without any questions. Best of all he hotel manager and the front desk staff went out of their way to give me the best rate possible.

Room Tip: Enjoy the hors d'oeuvres if you can -- they are great
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mombat16
HGISarasota, David Alexander at Hilton Garden Inn Sarasota - Bradenton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2011

Thanks again for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn for your friend's weekend getaway earlier this month and taking the time to recognize our staff. It was a pleasure accommodating them; and we look forward to welcoming back you or your friends any time in the future.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

Minor annoyances in the room ... toilet flush handle had to be held down ... cold faucet handle stop needs attention. No makeup mirror. Airconditioning unit periodically makes a high pitched whine.

Great bed, clean room, pleasant staff, excellent location for Ringling Museum, New College, Univ of So Fla Sarasota/Manatee campus. Excellent restaurants within easy driving distance.

• Stayed: July 2011
HGISarasota, David Alexander, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Sarasota - Bradenton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am glad you hear that you were pleased with our location, cleanliness, and staff.

Also, I'd appreciate it if you'd be able to call me directly. I'd like to make sure that we address the issues that you mention concerning the faucet and toilet handles, and AC.

Thanks again. ... We hope to see you again the next time you're in Sarasota.