Husband and I stayed just two nights 4th of July weekend.
ROOM: clean, quiet, well-furnished; comfy bed, comfy sofa. Slightly odd architecturally, as one wall had a strange angle, and the toilet paper was unusually far from the toilet (which to us was just weird, but to a child might be problematic). Also, I was slightly disappointed that the mini fridge did not have a freezer section. The microwave also was kind of primitive (not a lot of power) and did poorly at popping popcorn.
BREAKFAST: Maybe it was because of the holiday(?) but the tiny buffet area was *very* crowded, and some items ran out and were not promptly replenished (namely, the fruit, and the hot items). And the "eggs" were disgusting. But otherwise, breakfast had a good variety of options. Oh, and the seating was scarce, too. I saw some people taking food back to their rooms, presumably because all the seats were taken (including the chairs in the lobby).
POOL AND HOT TUB: nice, but the water was not very hot in the tub and the jets turned off after about 5-10 minutes and didn't come back on during the next 10-15 minutes we were there. (We were using the pool and hot tub about 90 mins before they were supposed to close).
STAFF: were very friendly and seemed eager to please.
INTERNET: the in-room wi-fi was not the most reliable; on a few occasions, it temporarily stopped working (for several minutes at a time).
LOCATION: Convenient drive away from the things we wanted to see (Ringling Museum, Mote Aquarium, restaurants) but Sarasota is not a huge area (or so I think, being from Los Angeles!).
Anyway, it was a fine stay overall, good value for the money, except that the breakfast was a disappointing experience. And unfortunately, for those like me and my husband who highly value a good breakfast, it will probably sway our decision not to return here, but next time check out some other, similar lodging option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience the newly renovated SpringHill Suites where art meets "decor". The SpringHill Suites Sarasota/Bradenton offers style to inspire and space to rejuvenate. Located near beautiful white sand beaches, less than 1 mile from the Sarasota/Bradenton International Airport and conveniently located near the famous John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art makes us, your perfect destination. We are just off University Parkway and US 41. All of our suites are 25% larger than comparably priced hotel rooms, while providing the amenities of a modern lifestyle. Enjoy free WiFi or wired high-speed Internet, spacious work stations and modern furnishings with innovative room layouts. We offer a complimentary hot breakfast buffet, outdoor heated pool and spa, fitness center, 24 hour business center, while The Market offers 24 hour access to drinks and snacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Springhill Suites Sarasota Bradenton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Sarasota Bradenton Hotel Sarasota
- Sarasota Springhill Suites