“Great Value for Summer Holiday Weekend” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Sarasota Bradenton

SpringHill Suites Sarasota Bradenton
Ranked #29 of 46 Hotels in Sarasota
Clermont, Florida
“Great Value for Summer Holiday Weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights, with a group of friends, with 4 rooms total.
The parts that stuck out were the price, service, and location. It is only about 10-15 minutes from Lido Beach and the St. Armand's Circle, and not far from any of the surrounding beaches. The price we paid for 4th of July weekend cannot be beat. All the staff were very friendly.
Now, the parts that stuck out in a not so good way....
Our room smelled like old, wet carpet. Even running the AC did not take away the smell. And the AC was stuck on one fan speed, blowing right at the bed. Also, the lay out of the room, if you are using the pull out sofa is awful! You have to move a coffee table, and once you open the couch there is no way to freely walk the room! You literally have to crawl over the bed to get from one side of the room to another! The pool was very clean, but the hot tub was a warm tub, not hot. We encountered housekeeping staff that cannot speak English, so that can be frustrating if you're monolingual. Parking was lot was full to where we couldn't even find parking due to boat races taking up 6 parking spaces each. Finally, the breakfast area is very cramped, so when the hotel is busy it is like feeding time at the zoo.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay; however, I would think twice before staying at this location again.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Loper051

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Peachtree City, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

This hotel is right across the street from the airport. Don't worry, it was not noisy. All the staff very friendly, used my name every time they saw me. Breakfast was okay... hotel fast breakfast type. would have like it better if there had been some fresh fruit. Rooms clean. fine stay!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

My family and I have stayed at Marriott properties before, but this was our first time at a Springhill Suites.

The good.....nice, quiet location surrounded by trees. A few miles to the beach. It is by the airport, but no noticeable noise from the airport.

Friendly and professional staff. The young lady at the desk checked me in quickly, acknowledged me as a Marriott Rewards Member, told me the layout of the building, and smiled a lot. The young man at the desk the next morning was equally courteous and friendly.

The 2 bed suite with sofabed was nice. A long comfy couch was in the living area. It actually was a sofa bed with one detachable section, so that made it extra long. The kitchen area had a microwave, small fridge and small sink, as well as a desk and chair. It's nice to have that sink in the kitchen area.

There were 2 double beds, a large bathroom with toilet and shower, the bathroom sink outside of it. The whole bathroom area was in an alcove area. I liked the set up.

Breakfast was pretty good. I had hot scrambled eggs that were better than most hotels' eggs. My husband had the turkey Canadian ham and liked it. The offerings are limited, but good. My children had bagels and fruit.

The hotel was clean, as was our room. I liked the blue and green decor, and the updated lighting.
Now

For "the bad"... Outdoor pool was okay, but the hot tub was not. It had leaves in it, looked dirty, and the water was not hot at all. My husband said the pool was warmer than the hot tub! He put his foot in the hot tub, but the temperature and lack of cleanliness turned him off. I did notice both the hot tub and pool had lift chairs for those who need assistance getting in and out of the water. It was a rare sight to me, anyway.

The sofa bed had a horrible mattress. Very thin. My son said he could feel the springs beneath it. You also had to climb over the sofa bed when it was out if you wanted to get from one room to another, or the door.

I do not care for double beds. We are used to our queen bed, so hubby and I were uncomfortable in this narrow bed. The bedding was okay. We did not sleep very well.

I will not choose Springhill Suites again if they only have double beds. A king bed and a sofabed are not an option for us because of our kids. We usually stay at Residence Inn, but I had a free night certificate that I couldn't use at Residence Inn, which happened to be right next door, because they did not have a room available where I could have used the certificate.

For a stay of a night or 2, and if a king or double bed is okay for you, this is a fine place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

There breakfast was horrible turkey sausage, waffles were out of some whole wheat mix my grand children would not eat only fruits they had to offer all three days we where there were banana and apples looks like they could be a little more innovated there were a lot of children there that weekend for ball tournaments the suits were so small no room to move around very disappointed never stay there again the staff were very friendly would not recommend the suites for over 2 people but they sucker at the counter were good.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights at the end of January on a visit to the Powell Crosley Theater. It was a pleasant hotel with friendly staff. I received some wonderful recommendations for area restaurants at the Front Desk. I enjoyed the layout of the room and all the in room amenities. The breakfast buffet was OK but not overly impressive. The bathroom was a bit worn and could have used some attention.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Al A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
First I would like to thank you for staying at the SpringHill Suites Sarasota and for taking your time to share your thoughts of your stay. I have passed on to our corporate office your feed back on the bathroom and breakfast. I would like to share with yiu that we are currently looking into redoing the tiles in the bathrooms. We thank you for being a loyal Marriott guest.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

This was my first stay in Marriott's Springhill line, and it won't be my last. Good location + clean rooms + friendly, helpful staff + good quickie breakfast = successful quick trip. By the way, Al at the front desk is a good navigator and he can loan you a beach umbrella.

Stayed May 2014
Norristown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

This is not a luxury hotel, but it was perfect for our purposes. The hot breakfast each day was very good. The staff was friendly & extremely helpful. We decided to go to the beach one day & asked where we could rent chairs, they told us they had chairs that we could use at no extra cost.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends