“Homey away-from-home stay”

Springhill Suites Sarasota Bradenton
Ranked #33 of 51 Hotels in Sarasota
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

This was my first stay in Marriott's Springhill line, and it won't be my last. Good location + clean rooms + friendly, helpful staff + good quickie breakfast = successful quick trip. By the way, Al at the front desk is a good navigator and he can loan you a beach umbrella.

Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed May 29, 2014

This is not a luxury hotel, but it was perfect for our purposes. The hot breakfast each day was very good. The staff was friendly & extremely helpful. We decided to go to the beach one day & asked where we could rent chairs, they told us they had chairs that we could use at no extra cost.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Location was across the street to the airport. Short drive to downtown. Centrally located to marina and lots of restaurants and new mall. Easy access to St Armand's Circle and Lido Key Beach. The rooms look recently renovated, but you can tell the hotel is a little on the tired side. Clean friendly service. I extended my business trip to stay the weekend to enjoy the beaches.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We went for a wedding and spent two nights here. It's your basic Marriott - very clean. Lobby area was pretty small in comparison to some. We thought we were getting a great room when they said "near the pool" - but we were at the very end of the hallway with no exit unless we went all the way back up front. We could hear everyone at the pool day and night. In the morning, hotel staff were moving pool chairs around and woke us up. We could not really see the pool, as this room was lower than pool level. Really weird room. But since it was for a wedding and not a week it was acceptable. But if someone says "near the pool" from now on we want more details. :)

Room Tip: Don't ask for 1st floor near the pool, very bad placement and all the pool noise comes in.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Diana T
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is conveniently located very close to the airport and is a short taxi ride to downtown or the Sarasota keys. The price is perfect and was booked through Expedia as a package with air. For me, this was perfect! Next trip to Sarasota...this hotel will be in my list of places to stay!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 17, 2014

This property has been updated since my last stay with beautiful, soft colors and fabrics. Very attractive! The rooms were clean, nice kitchen amenities, good breakfast, free parking and wifi. The front desk staff were welcoming and the allergy free room I requested was in place before I arrived, which was much appreciated.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We recently spend 3 nights at this property. Like most Marriott hotels we were very happy with our stay. Hotel was very clean and quiet and has a very nice breakfast.
I can't say enough good about the staff. We had originally, about 4 weeks earlier booked a night on points using my wife's points and due to some changes in our plans I forgot I had it booked. We ended up staying 2 nights and then decided to stay another having forgotten I had it already been booked under my wife's points. So I was charged for the night plus my wife's came as a no show and was charged. When I realized my mistake a few days later I spoke to Allan at the front desk and he looked into my mistake and looked after our problem to our complete satisfaction. We will definitely be back again Thanks so much.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple