“Great Experience”

Springhill Suites Sarasota Bradenton
Ranked #35 of 51 Hotels in Sarasota
Reviewed June 4, 2008

Pros
* Great service
* Clean & Comfortable rooms
* 2 x 24hr computers with free internet near lobby
* Close to airport (can't hear the planes from your room)

Cons
* Only thing i would say here is the location isn't the best for vacationers... it is not a bad location but not in the middle of everything.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo

Reviewed April 23, 2008

I stayed here while on business in Sarasota. The hotel is very nice. The location is good. It's surprisingly quiet for being so close to the airport. I think the rooms were a bit over priced. It's a basic extended stay suite, nothing extravagant or fancy. The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank travelgrlFlorida
Reviewed April 12, 2008

Pleasently surprised -- Fresh property, helpful staff, well-laid out rooms, ok pool, very good breakfast.

The only proble if you are on holidays is that the beaches etc are some way off. Apart from this - which we knew - we had great value for money.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank PDH01
Reviewed March 30, 2008

I picked this hotel based on other reviews and found this hotel exactly as promised (with a notable issue regarding the room rate!)

First, about the hotel - it was clean and the staff was pleasant. We had the 2 beds and sleeper sofa room. It did seem a little small compared to other suites but still okay. Nothing looked worn or dirty. The beds were comfortable. There was a microwave, fridge, and sink area. The bathroom was one of those no-sink kind (not my favorite) but water pressure was decent. There were two TVs but one did not function very well. If we had been staying more than two nights, I would have asked for it to be fixed. The toilet also got clogged and we had to get a plunger from the front desk. For those reasons, I can't say this hotel was excellent - but I am not sure if we just were unlucky or if this is typical of the hotel.

While the hotel was near the airport, we only noticed plane noise on our last day around 11 AM. Nothing before that. The area was residential - nothing within walking distance. I did not even notice the strip club previously mentioned. However, 5 minutes driving down the road, there were major shopping centers with many restaurant choices.

The hotel was also located near enough to the reasons we came to Sarasota. We came to check out Ringling College for my daughter (10 minutes away) as well as see the sights (10-15 minutes away).

The free breakfast was very good - besides your continental offerings, there were egg & cheese omelets, make your own waffles, and sausage. There were also free fresh baked cookies in the lobby in the afternoon (yum!) as well as fresh fruit available all the time. There was a mini-market next to the front desk with various items for purchase - very helpful with nothing around.

While we didn't use the pool, it looked nice and clean. We did use the wired internet in our room - worked perfectly.

My one complaint was being "robbed" of $20 by Marriott. When I booked the room on their website, I booked the AAA Weekday rate of $189 a night. We were charged the rack rate of $199 a night instead. When my husband asked the manager about this, we were told our stay wasn't long enough for the AAA rate. I checked their website again - no mention of a length of stay. I checked our email confirmation - and the price had been changed but the email said we were getting the AAA rate so I missed the $10 a night increase. While this is not a big amount, this kind of "bait and switch" is annoying. I even emailed Marriott asking about this - and never got a response. So - BEWARE when booking with Marriott .

While I could recommend the hotel itself for another stay, next time I will be looking elsewhere due to this stupid rate thing.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed March 25, 2008

This is a first-class facility. Not intended to be a luxury hotel - it is very clean, with very comfortable rooms and a staff that is helpful and polite. The complementary breakfast buffet offers plenty of options. I would stay here again in a second.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 8, 2008

I stayed here twice: Sept 2007, and Dec 2007 for a week each time. Friendly staff, great breakfasts, clean rooms, and a nice quiet area. The airport is less than a minute away, and I75 is a few miles the other way. Plenty of things to do in the area, plenty of places to eat, and shop. Absolutely no complaints.

• Stayed: December 2007
1  Thank neth5
Reviewed November 25, 2007

I stayed at the Spring Hill Suites Sarasota for 1 evening on 23 November 2007 at the spur of the moment on a day trip to the area. The hotel is located across from the airport, so I did hear 1 plane leaving aorund 6 AM, so light noise can be a problem, but no big deal. The location is solid for visiting downtown Sarasota. The Lobby is attractive with a lovely complimentary breakfast each morning. The buffet featured a variety of dry cereals, coffees, tea, juices, milk, fresh bananas & apples, individual fruit cups which were an excellent touch, whipped cream, chocolate syrup, make-your-own waffles, danishes & muffins, eggs & sausage, etc.. all served in a nice comfy enviroment with a TV off of the lobby. My room had two queen beds which were comfortable, a seperate vanity area, an amazing shower with perfect pressure & drainage, a living area with a sofa, chair & coffee table, a nice sized desk, & a small kitchen area with microwave, mini-refrigerator, small sink & counter space. The sleeping/living areas are seperated by a partial wall. Also, two TV's are in the room(bed/living area). The Front Desk staff I encountered were friendly, including Carly & Scott. Their is complimentary internet access in the lobby, as well as an area where you can purchase drinks, sundries, light snacks, drinks, etc. Their was a nice pool & small work-out room, as well. My suite was utterly spotless & the hotel was very nice. We paid $99, but the rate came to $109.39 with tax. If you have time, dowtown Sarasota is beautiful with great shops, cafes & galleries to visit. Also, the Marina area near the hotel is so nice for a walk or leisure stroll. Hope this helps. Enjoy your travels & Happy Holidays. Cheers!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with friends