“Great Location for Gulf Coast Visit”

Springhill Suites Sarasota Bradenton
Ranked #34 of 51 Hotels in Sarasota
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Although this hotel is literally next to the airport, it worked out to be a wonderful central location for our visit to the Sarasota/Bradenton and general gulf coast area. The rooms are large and spacious (we requested a rear pool view and received it). The hotel is across the parking lot from a Residence Inn and down the street from a Hyatt. Breakfast is very nice and handy plus they make freshly baked cookies and serve a lemonade type drink in the afternoons after 3:00. Coffee, tea and cocoa are available 24 hours a day, complimentary. My only complaint about this hotel is that the staff does not present a good selection for nearby restaurants and they do not have a map of the immediate area. The only seafood restaurant they recommend is "Barnacles Bill" which is right around the corner. We skipped this place and opted for Anna Marie's Seafood, which is more highly recommended here on Trip Advisor. The management should take the time to type up a small list of area locations, along with a map since this is the #1 question asked by most guests. Other than that, I would return to this hotel in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Ask for pool view facing the rear; it's quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank NANCANVA

Reviewed December 13, 2011

We stayed at this property while visiting the John and Mabel Ringling Museum of Art, after we attenpted to book another Marriott Hotel through our rewards program and they would not give me the government rate. This hotel agreed to give match the government rate of the other Marriott family hotel down the road so we booked. The location could not have been better. We could have walked to the museum if it had not been so hot. We booked a King suite with a pull out couch for our son. It was a little musty but the bed was clean and confortable and it was big enough for the three of us. It wasn't run down per se, but it was not nice and new and polished. It took forever for the room to get cool, and wehn it finally did, we were all freezing with our teeth chattering. Not enough for us to request a room change though. The pool was nice and we visited the hot tub later in the evening. It was nice and hot, but after 10 minutes we couldn't take it anymore. Very soothing dip. Breakfast was adequate; standard for a hotel of this caliber. The breakfast was a little loud with a girls volleyball team sharing the dining room with us, but no biggie. Overall it was decent for the money and the proximity and cleanliness was worth the price.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank DelilahsDestinations
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Perspective: I travel weekly for business and typically stay in medium priced hotels to achieve a good balance of cost to my company and reasonable comfort and sleep quality for me. All I expect is Clean, Quiet, and Efficient.

This Springhill has the typical layout for this brand and other TA members have detailed it in their reviews, so I won't repeat that information. Everything was fine, except:

This hotel is near a very busy road. Because of this and because of other TA member postings, I asked for and received a room at the end of the hotel away from the road. The front desk clerk was very accomodating. If the AC/Heat unit would have had a continuous fan setting while on AC, it would have been acceptable. Unfortunately, this hotel has chosen to program their units so the fan cycles on and off with the AC compressor. The front desk said all their rooms are like this. When everything shuts off (5+ times per hour), the road noise is very evident. And each time the unit comes back on, the change is startling. Since I was by myself, I ended up moving to the sofa bed in the living area in order to sleep.

Everything else was fine. But the AC programming is a knock out factor for me. It's a shame, because it would be so easy for this hotel to fix the problem and keep my business.

Room Tip: Get as far away from the road as possible
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank Retailwonderer
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Chose this location for it proximity to I-75 and the Mote Marine Labs, where we were visiting. It is located near the airport and University Blvd. a divided highway that goes from US 41 to I-75. It was a easy comute from here to downtown Sarasota and to the beaches and St. Armands Circle. The staff here was very pleasant and helpful. Checkin was quick and we were informed about the amenities available. There is plenty of parking and luggage trolleys were available. Our room was very clean and pleasant and the furnishing were in excellent condition. There is a nice area with a sink, microwave and small fridge. The desk/work area is well lighted and in a alcove away from the sitting area. I nternet access was included. The room was quiet and we slept very good on the very confortable bedding. Breakfast included a couple of hot entrees (scrambled eggs and sausage) and various cereals, breads, muffins and Belgian waffles. Everyone we saw seemed to enjoy the food as we did. Will definitel stay here again when in Sarasota.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jfewell2016
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Super clean rooms, nicely sized and friendly staff. Nice free breakfast, too!

One evening, we were even given complimentary fruit punch and cookies. Will stay again if ever in the area.

Thank you!

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Marglenna
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Great location (safe.by airport. nothing closeby -walking). VERY Helpful staff. They made sure where I knew where I could find utensils (IN THE MICROWAVE). Rooms are not that big....but I like having Microwave. I like this hotel brand. They had some food for sale too which could be heated. very convenient. I was tired and did not want to drive.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 24, 2011

We were here from July 16 to the 22nd for my son's baseball tournament. Great hotel. The people were so nice at the front desk, housekeeping & breakfast. The breakfast was great especially the waffles. The room was nice & large for myself & 3 kids. Having 2 tvs was great. If we are ever in the area again this is the place we will stay & will recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
MReisdorf, General Manager at Springhill Suites Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Sarasota Bradenton. I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our service & accommodations met your needs. We look forward to having you stay with us again.