“Who doesn't like ice cream????????????”
Review of Abel's Ice Cream

Abel's Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 44 Dessert in Sarasota
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Florida made hand-dipped ice cream, sorbet, sherbet, and hard-packed frozen yogurt.
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Ice cream is fantastic any time of the year!!! Ice cream is one of the essential food groups!

Reviewed March 23, 2012

This was my favorite to stop and get a 1 dipped butter pecan ice cream cone on my way home from the beach. The staff would bring you a little cup of water to have with your ice cream. To die for!

Reviewed September 13, 2011

I have never been a fan of Big Olaf's ice cream and certainly got discouraged by the lines at their store in Siesta Key. We tried to go to Abel's in April, but it wasn't opened yet. When I visited at the end of August, I made sure to go here. The store is clean and bright, there are some tables you can eat at. But best of all, the ice cream is very creamy and delicious. The flavors are great. The owners, who are formerly from Buffalo, NY, are so nice and friendly. They gave us water with our ice cream without even asking for it. They do not make the ice cream but they said they get it from somewhere in Florida, so it is homemade, not like a brand name like Hershey's or anything. They even gave us some information about the area. I can't wait for my next trip in April so I can go there again and try more flavors. Please visit the store, give them a try and you will be hooked!!

Reviewed August 12, 2011

We went our last two nights in Siesta Key- it is a stone's throw from the southern bridge. The owners served us with a smile & stories- amazing how quickly the 2 of them work the line- bring water & chat- & keep it clean. Generous scoops- snickers awesome - cookies & cream popular w/kids - sundae scrumptious! Undiscovered gem.

Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stumbled upon this ice-cream place on our recent annual trip to Siesta Key. We were out one evening after dinner and my daughter wanted ice-cream. I didn't want to fight the crowds at Big Olaf or the parking at Orange Octopus ( we had been to both earlier in the trip). I spotted Abel's in the plaza with the New Balance store and is right by Stonewood Grill. I am so glad I did! We were served by a very nice middle aged couple - not sure if they are the owners, but what service! All four of us ordered different flavors and they all were great. There are a couple of tables in the store and while we were eating the lady brought us little cups of water. The gentleman then invited me to try different flavors. The coconut was extraordinary and the Snickers was great however the carrot cake was the best ice-cream I have ever tasted. We went back on our last night just so I could have the carrot cake ice-cream before we left. This time we were served by a couple of young guys and they were very friendly too. I hate that I have to wait another year before I can return.