“Much improved!”

Meadows Village Pub
Ranked #242 of 1,038 Restaurants in Sarasota
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: You may start to hear the Cheers theme song when you experience the atmosphere of The Meadows Village Pub & Grill. It is a friendly neighborhood pub and restaurant that welcomes old friends and newcomers alike. The pub has been around for over 20 years and Tony & Marie proud to be part of its history. Despite its longevity many Sarasota neighbors have never heard of it primarily due to its location: it's nestled among the huge oak trees of The Meadows Village Shopping Center just off Honore Avenue between University Pkwy and 17th Street. Join us for Happy Hour from 4 - 7 pm with drink & pub snack specials. We offer a variety of good old fashioned American fare with some international dishes that are prepared fresh to order. Check out our music events every week and join us for a good time. Oh, and in case you see 'Norm' or 'Cliff' tell them their seats are now taken by a sweet new couple from Wisconsin.
milwaukee
“Much improved!”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

The change of ownership has brought better food and better live music. We have eaten there 4 times in 2 months and have not been disappointed. The grilled whitefish, the burgers and the roast beef sandwiches have all been vey good. The spring rolls were better than anticipated.The prices are very reasonable. Last night we split 5 drinks, two hearty roast beef sandwiches, 2 coleslaws and an order of spring rolls: $53 before tip. No cover charge for the music.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Marne68

“Great food”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We had the hummus and spring rolls for appetizers. both are made from scratch right there. they were great. I had the fish and chips for dinner. I am all about crunch and these were nice and crunchy with the fish cooked perfectly. you get 2 large pieces with fries. My wife had prime rib and a double order of veggies she said it was very good. Great service and fun atmosphere.
this was our second visit and is now one of our all time favorites.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Jim S
Ellijay, Georgia
“Great Atmosphere, New Owners!”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

This "Hidden Gem" has been in business for many years (over 20!) and has gone through a lot of owners. Hopefully, the new owners are here to stay! They are warm, welcoming, and fun. The food and service was EXCELLENT! I had the coleslaw, which is my new favorite coleslaw anywhere, but I hear the steak fries are fantastic too. I also had the Oriental Chicken Salad Wrap (also avail as a salad) which had wonderful Asian flavors with great crunch (even though I went for grilled chicken). I would get it without the blue cheese next time though. My friends (all 3 of them!) opted for the Schnitzel which everyone also raved about. I can't wait to come back for their pub chips with blue cheese and balsamic glaze, fish and chips, spring rolls, and burgers! You can't help but have a great time in this upbeat pub! They also have great events many nights of the week (DJ's, bands, karaoke...) but they fill up fast, you may want to make reservations!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank radientglo247
Bradenton, Florida
“Loved it!”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

This was my first time visiting the Meadows Village Pub. It was so much better than the chain restaurants. I had the burger which was fresh-made and cooked to order. I ordered steak fries with mine and they were also good. My friends and I enjoyed our evening out and plan to return on a night when they are offering entertainment.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Patricia F
Palmetto, Florida
“Great place to eat!”
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

The food was delicious and the service was great. The atmosphere was terrific. I had the Triple B Burger. It was big, juicy and cooked perfectly. The hummus is a must order! I will definitely be going back soon!

1 Thank Judydaniel