“Soggy pizza”

Goodfellas Cafe & Winery
Ranked #113 of 1,031 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Goodfellas cafe and winery is a artisan Winery and Cafe, located in the heart of Sarasota, Specializing in its own handcrafted vinifera and fruit infused wines. Owner, Dave Grammer, offers contemporary interpretations of classic wines and simple food.
“Soggy pizza”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I have been to this restaurant several times and was starting to regard it as the best pizza in Sarasota. But was very disappointed the other night by a pizza that I can only describe as having a soggy crust. I'll give them one more chance, but it's enough to make you miss Shaner's.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank SmokyMountainCats

Sarasota, Florida
“They Nail It!”
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from our second dinner at Goodfellas. The place was busy and the 2 servers did a very good job. We split a small Boston pizza and eggplant parmagiana entree. We also had 2 side salads which we probably also could have split as they were large and had lots of veggies.
Frank, the owner, walked around and he spent a lot of time talking with us.
When we got up to get our salad dressing, he put a complimentary dish of 2 homemade meatballs on our table. Wow! Awesome meatballs in amazing sauce.
Loved the pizza. The cheese is fantastic and plenty of sausage, pepperoni and mushrooms.
Eggplant was perfect and came with homemade pasta and flatbread.
Can't wait for leftovers tomorrow!
We did not drink alcohol but Frank did explain how he makes his wine.
We will be going back. Think we have found our go to place in Sarasota. Thank you Frank and staff.

Visited April 2014
Sarasota
“Go home and get your shinebox!”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Sorry Goodfellas....we had an appalling dinner there last night. The service was fine but the Bruschetta was not, the Panini was not, the pizza was not and the meatball sub looked good but was not. We will not be back but do appreciate the server. Good luck!

• Visited April 2014
Winer_Dave, General Manager at Goodfellas Cafe & Winery, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
I am not sure how to respond to this review to be honest. If you didn't like anything I would of taken care of what you felt was "bad" if you would of told me when I came to your table and asked you how your meal was. (I am the guy in the grey chef coat most days). I understand that our cooking isn't going to be to the liking of everyone. Especially with the wood oven we cook in that is 800*F. But everything was bad? Without a reason? Just bad.... I am not sure what you were expecting when you came to our little place but I hope you find it. And we do thank you for your patronage and at least giving us a try. Have a wonderful day and I hope someday you will try us again.
Chicagol, IL
“Very tasty food and service.”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Lunch here with my husband yesterday. Went at 2pm and we were the only ones there. The waitress told us we just missed the lunch crowd. I also feel that some of the reason there wasn't anyone there at that time has something to do with it being March 31 and many snowbirds are on their way back North. It was our good fortune to have had the place and the waitress to ourselves. She gave us a history of the restaurant and told us all about the wines, olive oils and vinegars that they sell. Our lunch was very good. We shared a beef sandwich and a small thin crust specialty pizza. Both were very tasty, beef was delicious, but it had an unusual sweet and sour, thick sauce which I am glad I opted to have on the side. It was good, in small amounts. Their pizza dough is delicious as is the cheese they use. I recommend going at an off hour, this place is small and I imagine it could be very crowded. They do have outdoor seating but it is rather unattractive facing Clark (a very heavily traveled street).

• Visited March 2014
Eastpoint, Florida
“Oh Mamma Mia!!!”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Recommended by friends, this restaurante is magnifico. I believe everything is made from scratch and is wonderful I had the Caesars Salad and it was perfect, just that tiny taste of anchovies that makes it great. A WOOD fired pizza oven makes the best pizzas and they were. Many Italian dishes made to order, so it takes a bit longer but worth it. Great wine list, coffee choices and desserts. Service excellent, wait folks knew their dishes, and checked back often. We have a new favorite restaurant in Sarasota!

• Visited March 2014