“nothing better”

Goodfellas Cafe & Winery
Ranked #140 of 1,046 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Goodfellas cafe and winery is a artisan Winery and Cafe, located in the heart of Sarasota, Specializing in its own handcrafted vinifera and fruit infused wines. Owner, Dave Grammer, offers contemporary interpretations of classic wines and simple food.
Sarasota, Florida, United States
“nothing better”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Had our first experience with friends on Tuesday night for dinner...it was so good we are going back Friday night for dinner with different friends..The pizza was so good I ate the entire thing...Not something I normally do..the service was friendly and efficient and my coke never got empty..which to me means a lot...I am sure we will visit Goodfellas often...

“Excellent Italian Cusine”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I traveled for a living for many years and love good food. My mother is a chef and baker. I am also Italian and grew up around great Italian home cooking. My wife and I loved to find out of the way restaurants of all cusines and cultures on our travels, but we had kind of given up on Italian places. I never find any that meet my standards of good Italian food. Goodfellas passed with flying colors. The atmosphere was friendly and the service excellent. They have a real wood fired stove and use fermented dough for their pizza, which gives it an amazing flavor. Lots of home made items such as sausage, meatballs, and pasta. The owner introduced himself to us and upon hearing it was our first visit, proceeded to have samples of meatballs, sausage, and wine brought to us, all the while telling us about his passion for food. The other great feature of this restaurant is their winery. They have their own off site winery and sell their own brand of wines, infused oils, and aged balsamic vinagers. They have a wonderful variety of red wines and their rosemary olive oil and fig infused balsamic are superb. I purchased a gift certificate for my parents to use for their upcoming anniversary, and my wife and I will be returning soon. I would recommend Goodfellas to anybody looking for true Neapolitan style pizza and authentic Italian dishes made in a family atmosphere. Five stars.

“Great Italian Food”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Delicious homemade Italian food. Best pizza in town. Homemade sausage and meatball dinner my husband and friend had they totally raved about it. Large portions and reasonable pricing. I highly recommend and will be returning.

• Visited July 2013
“Best pizza in florida!!!!!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Everything was amazing. This restaurant is great if you want zip in and out with great food or take your time and enjoy. The pizza was perfect and they will make they way you want too. Easily the best in Sarasota.

“Authentic Italian”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I come from a large Italian family. The ambience at Goodfellas is like being in a large family dining room. The food is always fresh, the preparation is excellent, and the service is top-notch. Have been there several times, alone and with friends. This is one of my top 3 Itialian restaurants.