“Best Pizza ever+ great deal”

Goodfellas Cafe & Winery
Ranked #113 of 1,031 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Goodfellas cafe and winery is a artisan Winery and Cafe, located in the heart of Sarasota, Specializing in its own handcrafted vinifera and fruit infused wines. Owner, Dave Grammer, offers contemporary interpretations of classic wines and simple food.
sarasota,FL
“Best Pizza ever+ great deal”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Not only is this pizza the best-not oily, gooey, just great ingredients and wood fired, but the deals with a bottle of wine, cannot be beat. Now they are serving pasta dishes,. The owner is always around to make things perfect. It is our go-to restaurant.
Full disclosure: we are there at least once a week!
On the weekends expect a short wait.+ they are great with kids.

• Visited June 2012

“dissed and dismissed!”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I have been here several times already, and the service and atmosphere continues to get worse. Too bad, because their pizza is delicious. Every time my husband and I attempt to eat here it is always packed and has a harried--almost manic--atmosphere. When we tried to go yesterday, there was one table available, and it hadn't been cleaned. We stood for a good 2-3 minutes, and the waiter, waitress AND owner all ignored us. I made eye contact and smiled, and they all looked the other way. We were not seated, so we tried seating ourselves at the dirty table. This didn't work either; we still were ignored for another five minutes. So I approached one of the waiters and asked if we were going to be seated. He just shrugged and said there were no seats for us. It seemed the least anyone could have done was to take down our names, tell us how long the wait would be and direct us to a place to wait, but it didn't seem to matter to anyone working there. The owner was too busy chatting up a particular table and the one waitress overheard me say that there WAS one table, but was too stressed out and running around to care. We announced loudly that we were not going to be coming back again and so we left. I can guarantee that we will most definitely NOT be back here, which is a shame, because their food is good and it is close to our home.

• Visited June 2012
3 Thank Kim S
GFWinemaker, Owner at Goodfellas Cafe & Winery, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
First of all we,all the (staff) would like to apologize for not tending to your needs in a timely manner. If you have been here before you know we try very hard to satisfy our patrons to the best of our ability. You would also know that I am usually on top of the people entering the restaurant, and I try to seat them in an timely manner, obviously I failed last night so I apologize personally. Please believe there was no intention to dis or dismiss you. We hope you can find your way to visit us again and we will try to make it up to you anyway possible.
“The Goodfellas Reveiw”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

The pizza at Goodfellas is outstanding. The cheese melts in your mouth and the crust puts your taste buds to sleep. The sauce is magical and the pepperoni is spicy enought that you need that extra glass of water. The service is exellent as well, the manager is very funny and outgoing to make his customer's dreams come true.

• Visited May 2012
Sarasota, Florida
“A slice of Italy, found unexpectedly in Sarasota”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Full disclosure, this was my second visit. My first was a week ago with my friend who works nearby for a dinner service. That experience was so entirely delightful, that I immediately made plans to bring my family here upon their return home. Hence, my second visit, with a singular rating. Many occasions find us dining at a restaurant content that we simply were not disappointed. How sad that our threshold for contentment has been reduced to satisfaction with mediocrity. In every way imaginable, this humble purveyor of all things handmade in a classic style has repaired the damage done by so many posers in the field. Anyone who believes it is only possible to get fine food from an establishment that provides linen tablecloths and a maître d’ for every table clearly has never traveled outside the confines of their own shores, much less enjoyed the gastronomical wonders of family trattorias scattered over the Italian countryside. This is precisely what Goodfellas reminded me of, washing over my brain with each bite memories of the time I spent living in that wonderful European country.
The owner, as I later found out he was, on both occasions came by our table to ensure everything was satisfactory. He was gracious and embodies a passion for this business, one which is undoubtedly evinced by his willingness to tolerate the, albeit few, misguided, misanthropic morons that have left previous reviews as scathing, personal attacks. The food was outstanding, with the sausage reminiscent of those produced in Friuili Vamezoa or Molise. My son enjoyed a pizza on both occasions and I am pleased to admit his tastes are far more advanced (than even some of the more narcissistic reviewers) than normally found at his age. I could have been seated in a pizzeria in Trieste; such was the quality of the neapolitan. Angela, was charming, responsive, bubbly, and friendly at every turn. She is equally passionate about customer satisfaction; a fact evident in her amicable approach to even the most detestable consumer. As I close, I think I will satire a previous reviewer and choose to also paraphrase an obscure reference from a broadway musical; “West Side Story”.
“When you’re a schmuck, you’re an schmuck for life…”

Great job Frank and the entire staff… don’t change a thing. Tutti I nostril migliori auguri.

• Visited May 2012
Thanks so much for the positive review, we are a small operation and we try very hard to satisfy our patrons.
From the staff and owner of Goodfellas, Thank you.
“Best pizza in Sarasota”
Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

Went here with the family while on vacation. The meatball pizza was so delicious. Highly recommend Goodfellas. And the homemade wine was so good we had my parents bring us home 3 bottles when they drove home a few weeks later. Can't wait to go back next year.