“Best wedding cake and cupcakes ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cakes by Ron

Cakes by Ron
Ranked #11 of 25 Bakeries in Sarasota
Dining options: Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining options: Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best wedding cake and cupcakes ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

I randomly found Cakes by Ron when I was looking for a wedding cake vendor online. I am from out of state, but I stopped by the Sarasota location once when I was in town prior to the wedding to design a cake. The process was simple and I felt confident in the company. They were very flexible with incorporating ideas and designs. The cake was delivered to the wedding location on time without a hitch. Plus, the cake was the tastiest wedding cake that I've ever had. Rather than freezing part of the cake as a tradition, we go back to the store to get cupcakes whenever we are back in town visiting my mom. Seriously the best cakes/cupcakes that I have found anywhere.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Kmtboston

Ocala, Florida
“Best cupcakes ever!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Ok I don't know much about much except for cupcakes. I actually did a cupcake tour through Southern California that included the famous Sprinkles. These are THE BEST cupcakes I have ever had!!!!!! We got the chocolate coconut and the red velvet. They were light but substantial, sweet but not overwhelmingly sugary. They were so moist too. And the service was great. We sent our autistic 13 year old son in after us to purchase a cupcake to help him work on his people skills and he managed to walk into their glass door on the way out and smeared frosting all over the door. The worker there assured him it was ok and cleaned it up quickly and gave him another cupcake in the house (thank you for your patience and kindness). Oh...you have to stop in to see the display cakes. Cake boss has nothing in these guys!!!!

Toronto, Canada
“The cupcake guru in you will love these!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stay in Treasure Island, but was wandering around quaint little Corey Ave, St. Petersburg Beach, last time I was in Florida. To my delight, I came across Cakes, by Ron (429 Corey Avenue), as I am a HUGE cupcake fan! I tried the devil dog cupcake and it was to die for! These cupcakes are not the usual little scrawny things either, but twice as large as you would normally get for a gourmet cupcake (for about the same or less than the smaller versions). Also, they have a filling! Bonus!!

• Visited November 2012
Dukinfield, United Kingdom
“Love the cupcakes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

Wow - everytime we are in town we call here for the cupcakes. Quite pricey but well worth the money and these are what cupcakes should be like. My favourite is the "Boston creme " and my wife's is "red velvet". We cannot wait to work our way through the different flavours.

• Visited September 2012
Brooksville, Florida
“The Best!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

I have been to several other bakeries, from cake decorators to cupcake shops (two of which had won cupcake wars) and this place takes the cake. They have the most creative creations and they taste as delicious as they sound. My favorites are the peanut butter pie, tiramisu, and cherry limeade! The cakes created here are nothing short of spectacular. I can only hope that one day they can open closer to me. Tony ,Brooksville

• Visited August 2012