“Casual kayak”

and up
Mangrove Tunnel Kayak Eco-Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Guided Kayaking Tours, Discover Sarasota's natural beauty, along with its unique wildlife and habitat. Both residents and visitors appreciate exploring the beautiful exotic mangrove tunnels and Little Sarasota Bay. This tour is a favorite for all ages.Sarasota's best kept secret.We are a licensed and insured kayaking company to offer guided tours of Sarasotas Mangrove Tunnels on Lido Key. Locally owned and all our guides have extensive experience in safety and are trained in CPR and life saving skills. Don't want a guided tour ,no problem we rent all kayaks and paddle boards by the half day.Thanks for looking Bob Nikla lifelong native of Sarasota.
Boston, Massachusetts
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Casual kayak”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Took a almost 2 hour kayak trip on calm smooth waters of Sarasota. Mark, our guide, was personable, friendly and knowledgeable, as well as wonderful sense of humor. We had a friendly cormorant that kept swimming under the kayaks, then popping up about 1 foot from the boats. Highlight of my afternoon. Totally recommend this activity, the mangroves are really fun!

Visited February 2014

Copenhagen, Denmark
“Exercise, history and wildlife, all in one on a kayak”
Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

Went on a kayak tour through the Lido Key mangrove tunnels. Mark, the guide, is very knowledgeable in both wildlife and history, and strikes the right balance between physical activity and giving insight about your surroundings. Highly recommended. Appreciated the possibility to book the tour online.

Kayaksrq, Manager at I Kayak Sarasota, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Vary glad you enjoyed or Kayak tour of the mangrove tunnels, also glad you took advantage of our easy online booking . see ya next time
Bob
Connecticut
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Lovely afternoon on the water & in the mangrove tunnels.”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Our guide, Mark, did a great job. Kept up a steady stream of interesting and entertaining information on the area's history, development, flora and fauna. Happy to recommend this excursion to others.

Visited February 2014
Kayaksrq, Owner at I Kayak Sarasota, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you so much I will tell Mark about your review .Look forward to seeing you again.
i kayak sarasota
Sylvania, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Manatee and Mangrove Tour”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We did an afternoon kayaking tour. Our guide was great and was a wealth of information concerning the wildlife, mangroves, and local topography of the area. I had some concerns about getting in and out of the kayak due to knee and back issues. The staff was very attentive and assisted me in getting into and out of the kayak safe and more importantly, staying dry. The area is rich in wildlife and the mangroves are beautiful. I would highly recommend this experience and this tour company.

Visited January 2014
Kayaksrq, Owner at I Kayak Sarasota, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
The hardest part of kayaking is getting out of it , we are always there to help. Glad you had a good time
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I Kayak was great family fun!”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Our adult family of 7 spent the afternoon kayaking with Tara this past weekend and we had a great time. It was the perfect combination of exercise and relaxation, and Tara was an excellent guide. She was very knowledgeable about the local flora and fauna and showed us starfish, jellyfish, sea urchins, crabs and many local birds. The mangrove tunnels were beautiful. A must-do day trip!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Kari B
Kayaksrq, Owner at I Kayak Sarasota, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Thank you so much, our guides love what they do.See ya next time