“rude staff”

$16.00*
Sarasota Downtown Bike Rental
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Guided Kayaking Tours, Discover Sarasota's natural beauty, along with its unique wildlife and habitat. Both residents and visitors appreciate exploring the beautiful exotic mangrove tunnels and Little Sarasota Bay. This tour is a favorite for all ages.Sarasota's best kept secret.We are a licensed and insured kayaking company to offer guided tours of Sarasotas Mangrove Tunnels on Lido Key. Locally owned and all our guides have extensive experience in safety and are trained in CPR and life saving skills. Don't want a guided tour ,no problem we rent all kayaks and paddle boards by the half day.Thanks for looking Bob Nikla lifelong native of Sarasota.
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We went with a small group of people on a guided tour of the mangroves, with our "guide" Todd. A few of us were relatively inexperienced at kayaking and had trouble maneuvering the small mangrove tunnels, our guide was less than helpful- yelling, often berating some of us for getting stuck or having trouble paddling- I didn't pay to get scolded at on my vacation!! I have been on several canoeing and kayak trips but I've never faced as horrible a leader as this. Also, I expected the guide to offer some teaching about the wildlife and foliage we were seeing but there was absolutely no education whatsoever. While the scenery was beautiful, our experience was tainted with horrible customer service and an outright rude and inpatient guide; save yourself the headache and book with someone else.

5  Thank travelbud30
Kayaksrq, Owner at I Kayak Sarasota, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

I am so sorry that you had this experience. We pride ourselves on great customer service and satisfaction as you can see from our consistently positive reviews. I wanted to let you know that the guide mentioned is no longer employed with us. We have zero tolerance for that type of attitude. Please accept my sincere apologies.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Great trip guided by Todd, a Native from Braden-tucky.

Very enjoyable 2 hour group paddle with interesting historical and natural highlights!

Took my 77 year old Aunt and Uncle, who can't stop gabbing about how much fun it was!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Had an awesome time! Would do another tour as long it is with Todd as a guide,very informative& quite the since of humor very patient with his instruction.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We had a great time with our guide 'Todd' who had a lot of knowledge of the history of the area and specific to the beautiful abundant mangroves. First timers like myself or those that have kayaking experience will all enjoy this tour. Two hours went fast and we wanted more!! Nice way to see where the creatures hang out- very peaceful and serene! If windy day don't let that scare you away- we had 20 mph winds and we just stayed in protected areas and mangroves. Other calmer days they take you in more open water but nothing too intimidating.
Will do it again next time we're here!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Our guide, Todd, was very personable and kind. He was knowledgeable about the area and funny keeping the whole group very entertained. It was a fun adventure, it was a very nice day with low winds. We were able to easily navigate through the mangroves and the guide was very thorough with this instructions. Great trip certainly going to buy a kayak now! Wonderful tour, great investment of vacation time and money.