“Great Experience, Guide and Value”
Review of I Kayak Sarasota

$40.00*
Lido Key Stand Up Paddleboard Rental
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Guided Kayaking Tours, Discover Sarasota's natural beauty, along with its unique wildlife and habitat. Both residents and visitors appreciate exploring the beautiful exotic mangrove tunnels and Little Sarasota Bay. This tour is a favorite for all ages.Sarasota's best kept secret.We are a licensed and insured kayaking company to offer guided tours of Sarasotas Mangrove Tunnels on Lido Key. Locally owned and all our guides have extensive experience in safety and are trained in CPR and life saving skills. Don't want a guided tour ,no problem we rent all kayaks and paddle boards by the half day.Thanks for looking Bob Nikla lifelong native of Sarasota.
Reviewed February 26, 2013

A great experience! Regular and tandem kayaks are available. Great value compared to other companies. Most companies seem to start at the same location and have same type of tour. The guides make the difference. Todd was great. We had three tandem kayaks with grandparents, parents and children. Everybody enjoyed the trip. If you are looking to see manatees and dolphins, our guide recommended going in March or later when the water is warmer. The trip through the mangroves was memorable. Bring a camera, hat, water and sunblock.

3  Thank Scott C
Kayaksrq, Owner at I Kayak Sarasota, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

So glad we were successful satisfying your entire group! Thanks for letting us know that Todd did such a wonderful job. Hope to see you again!!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Great to travel through the mangrove and later to see the mansions that line the bay. And ask for Tara she is a middle school bio teacher with marine science background she was a great tour guide.
Ps bring cash the guides work for tips and she was well worth the tip.

1  Thank Smmurphyii
Kayaksrq, Owner at I Kayak Sarasota, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Thanks so much for your review, and for mentioning what a great tour you had with our newest guide, Tara. We are lucky to have her!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

5 of us booked the morning Mangroves tour. Well organized and clean kayaks all with life vests. Didn't see much wildlife but don't think the guide has much control over that really! Would recommend using I kayak.

2  Thank Sue E
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Fun and interesting experience. Suitable for nearly all ages / abilities. Staff are friendly, inclusive and helpful. half a dozen times later....I still enjoy it.

1  Thank Ron F
Kayaksrq, Owner at I Kayak Sarasota, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Your repeat business means a lot to me. Thanks so much for your review, and hope to see you out on the water with us again soon.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Was super excited to do this trip. Started out great but ended without fireworks. It was actually a little boring, there was so much we could have done or paddled to but we just sat in our kayaks talking about the water front properties. I don't care! I am on the water to see nature not to talk or learn about how much property is going for.

3  Thank trixyandjohnm
Kayaksrq, Owner at I Kayak Sarasota, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Thank you for your feedback as we want to give our customers the best experience possible. This does not sound like what any of our guides normally talk about. Will you please let me know who your guide was? Again, appreciate your input and would like to follow up on this.
Bob Nikla