Gulf Beach Resort Motel
$189
$74
$138
$129
Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
$119
$143
$113
$379
  • Restaurant
All reviewsscreened porchtiki hutold floridalido keygrill areafull kitchenarmand's circleshuffle boardnice heated poolcan't beat the locationbeen coming here for yearsgreat beachplenty of lounge chairstile floorssmall kitchenextra towelsbeach chairs
Reviewed July 22, 2013

If you like beachfront high-rise glitz, this is not your kind of place. If you like a cozy beach cottage feel, then you will probably enjoy this location. Each room has unique decor so look at the picture of the room you are booking first. We chose 308, which is one unit away from the closest to the beach. It's on the first floor and has a private screened porch that is like having an extra outdoor room -- much better than upstairs which has only a walkway with chairs. Decorating is beachy cute, with white furniture set off by bright colors and stripes. This room has a king bed with a daybed/trundle for extra sleeping, so it can accommodate up to 4 people -- probably at best three adults or two adults and two children. It's a studio and the kitchen area has a four-burner stove, full fridge, sink, all dishes and utensils (including corkscrew!!) and breakfast bar. It's cozy and cute. This unit is probably 20 steps from the sand... and there is also a pool, grill area and beachside tiki hut with picnic tables. Beach lounges are provided, but not beach towels... why skimp on something so basic to the beach -- just put a basket on them on the screened porch. It is definitely an older property, so be prepared for that... things like no exhaust fan in the bathroom to take out the shower steam, and the small window AC has a hard time keeping up with the humidity in mid-summer (but there is also a ceiling fan to help.) A few things needed attention... like two huge tears in the porch screen in particular... but in general it is a clean, well kept place and the staff was friendly. The beach itself isn't great... fairly narrow and very sharp shells so not good for walking without shoes. It is billed as "walking distance" to St. Armand's Circle, but it's more like a short drive to those restaurants and shops. All in all, I'd recommend it to a friend as long as the friend understood the kind of property it is. I've stayed in other "vintage" lodgings in FL and this isn't at the top of the list, but it's certainly not a bad choice if you like "vintage."

Room Tip: Only had 308. Choose first floor in building 300.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cmanofcape
GulfBeachMotel, Manager at Gulf Beach Resort Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an informative review about Gulf Beach Resort Motel. You've highlighted so many of our features, property being right on the beach, proximity to St. Armand's Circle, uniquely decorated units and fully equipped kitchens, just to mention a few. We also appreciate your input as to how we can improve our property and will take care of the items you mentioned in your review. Part of our uniqueness is that each unit is individually owned and therefore decorated differently. This gives us so many options to offer our guests and they can choose a unit based on their individual tastes and needs. We also appreciate your recommendation for people to try us out and we certainly look forward to having you come back to stay with us again.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

My deceased husband and I always stayed at this place. So for vacation, after his death...I took all my family there, as they had never been. Needless to say, it was a hit with everyone, from the youngest at 4 years old to the oldest, ME! Absolutely wonderful ambiance...the people at the front desk, treat you like family...and the place is extremely clean. Each room is decorated by the individual owner...so take your pick of style. You can't go wrong with any of them. The beaches are so white and wide, so as to never be crowded...and the surf of friendly most all the time. The proximity to local activities is wonderful. Sounds like I am in love with this little 'quaint' place...and I am! In fact, I am in the market to buy a unit for myself...well worth any price to own or stay in a piece of this paradise. Priced so reasonable that most anyone can afford to stay here...and really avoid the crowded and tense filled larger places! Terry W. Grove City, Ohio
The sunsets here are beautiful.

Room Tip: You just cannot go wrong with ANY room here!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank TerryGroveCity_Ohio
GulfBeachMotel, Manager at Gulf Beach Resort Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience at Gulf Beach Resort Motel. It was always such a pleasure to have you and your husband stay with us time and time again. What a wonderful tribute to him that you brought your entire family here for a vacation. It sounds like everyone had a great time. Thank you also for your kind comments about our staff and our facility. Each and every one of our staff members take pride in making each guest's stay as enjoyable and comfortable as possible. We are definitely the least crowded and quietest island in Sarasota which appeals to many of our guests. At the same time we are close enough to St. Armand's Circle and downtown Sarasota, both offering a large selection of shopping venues and restaurants. We do strive to keep our rates affordable so that most families and couples can manage a weekend or week's vacation at the beach. Hopefully you and your family will continue to vacation with us and we look forward to seeing you all next time!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This hidden gem along Lido Beach we found to be quaint and very relaxing. Check in with Greg was a breeze. Our room was on the first floor near the pool. Had all the necessary needs and even a screened in porch. They provided free beach lounge chairs and wifi (wifi was intermittent not a very good signal). We will be visiting again soon.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Gulf Beach Resort Motel. I am glad to hear you found us and enjoyed your stay. I appreciate your comment about the wifi and we are working with our vendor to make sure that the system is improved. It sounds like you enjoyed our beach and were able to take advantage of the fully equipped kitchen provided in your unit. A lot of our guests enjoy the screened in porches, especially to enjoy their morning coffee or an evening cocktail. We look forward to having you return to visit with us again!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

this place is wonderful .. very quiet and family .. I had never stayed here before a very friendly staff .
can not compare with lido beach resort but for the price excellent .... my family loved it and my small daughters did not want to go home ....
I stay in the 317 is small but comfortable .... needs its small arrangements like the front door, the mattresses I think I need a change.
small kitchen but with everything you need for your cooking.

gulf beach resort motel thanks for these wonderful summer vacation 4 july 2013

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
GulfBeachMotel, Manager at Gulf Beach Resort Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Gulf Beach Resort Motel. I am happy to hear that you all enjoyed your time with us and that you had a great summer vacation. We do pride ourselves on being a family oriented facility and that is evidenced by the number of families that return to stay with us year after year. It sounds like you were able to make good use of the kitchen in the unit. Most families especially enjoy that amenity as it is a cost saving to be able to enjoy breakfast or a quick lunch, especially with children. I have taken note of your comment regarding the mattresses and will be contacting the owner to replace them. Again, thank you for your kind comments and we hope that you will return to stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

For the past few years my husband and I have been vacationing in the Keys. This trip was an unplanned visit to see family and we are so glad we stayed here. What a difference! I came into the room and immediately begin changing the sheets to find them not just clean, but NEW. We live in Florida and know that after 2 days there is sand everywhere but I was shocked to have very clean floors when we arrived. It is worth it to me to have cleanliness but the staff was so great! We stayed in a room with a kitchen and it was amazingly stocked. It even has a tea pitcher. We had to go home after a few days but will be returning in a couple of weeks. Our new vacation spot!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Catherine G

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Gulf Beach Resort Motel. I am glad that you found us and that you enjoyed your time with us. All of our staff goes above and beyond to make sure that each guest's stay is as enjoyable and comfortable as possible and it sounds like you experienced that firsthand. Most of our units do have kitchens and we try to keep them well stocked so that guests can enjoy their time with us. We look forward to your return to stay with us again!