“great local Italian restaurant”

Papa Giorgio's Family Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Parrish, Florida
“great local Italian restaurant”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Went for dinner on Sat. nite. They had a group of about 50 people from a wedding party who were in the process of leaving after dinner. The staff had tables cleaned and ready for us in record time. I had chicken parm, which was excellent. My husband had Portobello ravioli which he said was great. Bread was hot, crusty and delicious. Salads were good. Only 2 dressings to choose from but homemade creamy Italian was very good. The other couple had pizza, which looked and smelled great. The service was great, and staff attentive. Small local type of restaurant. We will be back for the pizza.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Binglese

Sarasota, Florida
“Quaint”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Sunday night, 8:00pm, walk in, older gentleman in tux playing keyboard, singing, bar with two men, all booths free, oposite room with half opened drapes lead to tabled brightly lite, spacely filled dining room. We take a booth were it's not so bright. Lots on menu, pleasant waitress.
If you drink, only soft drinks, not even tonic, no limes. Greek salad is not greek, more like 1000 islands with sprinkled feta cheese (out of shaker). I had veal, was great, wife had lobster ravioli, was like frozen one with over powering thick sauce. Our server, was pre-occupied most of evening.
Restaurant was like one in Sciliy, many staff and relatives coming and going, their children running from front door, in and around booths, to somewhere in back that led to an alley.
So, would we come back, yes, but not as a favorite hang out. Seems Monday night good special.

• Visited February 2014
Bradenton, Florida
“Nice Local Place”
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Food was good, homemade bread excellent. Reasonable prices with lots of options on the menu. The pasta we had was good, with enough for another meal the next day. Service was good, not at all slow as was mentioned in another review.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Randy K
Sarasota, Florida
“Visit to Papa Giorgio's”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This restaurant was nothing like I expected. It needs a total makeover inside. My husband and I were seated in a very tight booth. We could just about move around in it. The table was wobbly. We asked the waitress, if she could level it for us, but she was not able to fix it. I saw on the menu that a new dish had been added. It was rigatoni. I asked ,if I could order this. She went back to the kitchen and then came back and told me the chef had decided not to make it anymore. I found this strange since it said it was a new dish. The waitress then brought us out bread. The bread was burned. We called her over and said we did not want burnt bread. She then headed back towards the kitchen and yelled that we did not want the burnt bread. Our dishes finally came. The pasta was terrible. So my advice to anyone is don't go there.
Joyce W. Sarasota, Fl

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank Phoebe252
new york
“our 'local' Italian”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We love Papa G's. friendly place the staff make you feel at home. We go there anytime we are in Sarasota and are always happy. Pizzas, Italian standards and specials never disappoint! And Peroni on tap! You can't go wrong!

• Visited September 2013