“Brilliant”

Island Gluten Free Bakery
Ranked #9 of 28 Bakeries in Sarasota
Description: A wonderful little bakery/cafe run by 3 ladies- Karen, Vickie and Kim. It's a dedicated gluten free facility and they make delicious gluten free bread, scones, muffins, cakes etc and sell it in they're cafe along with great coffee! Also serving sandwiches, subs and pizza on their fresh baked breads/crust from 10am to 2pm. Just off Siesta Key in Sarasota Fl. Wonderful find for Coeliacs.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We always come here when we are in the area. The food is brilliant, even to me, a non coeliac. My wife loves the food, and we always have a coffee too, which is also good. If you are coeliac (or even if you're not), get yourselves down here and find out how good gluten free food is.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed June 21, 2018

It's such a relief to be able to be certain there's no gluten ingredients or cross contamination. The sandwich bread and sub buns are so soft and moist! Pick up enough to last your whole stay. The cinnamon rolls are what dreams are made of!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 8, 2018

Stopped by late afternoon and a lot of items were sold out. Tried the mini Key Lime pie, 2 different muffins and peanut butter cookies. Nothing tasted very good and were dry.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed April 2, 2018

While visiting friends in Venice we attended the Saturday morning Farmers Market where I was introduced to the products of Island GF. We had a big breakfast, I had sampled some GF pizza along the way, so I had no room to sample any more, but I bought a cinnamon bun for the next morning. I defy anyone to pick this GF roll out of a pile of buns. I wish I had more time in Florida as I would have loved to try all of their wares, so maybe I should just pull up stakes in Massachusetts and move to Sarasota, that would make things a lot simpler.

Date of visit: March 2018
Karen W, Owner at Island Gluten Free Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2018

Thank you so much for posting your comments. We are looking forward to you moving down here...

Reviewed March 17, 2018 via mobile

The Delicious pastries were a wonderful surprise while on vacation in Siesta Key !! I highly recommend the cinnamon roll! They have figured out how to do gluten free the right way! Thank you!

Date of visit: March 2018