“Mussels and Fries Heaven!”
Review of Brasserie Belge - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Brasserie Belge
Cuisines: Belgian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: This restaurant opened in late December, 2010. I have written a review that I will submit once it is listed.
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Great service, terrific ambiance and wonderful food. What could be better. Even the vegetable sides are well prepared. Not inexpensive, but worth every penny of the almost expensive cost. Our party tried three different mussels preparations and each was really good. The fries are exceptionally good too and served in a paper cone in a wire sleeve - very attractive. Fun time. Have to add that the bar is very attractive and I could see coming here for drinks and snacks.

There are newer reviews for Brasserie Belge

Reviewed July 19, 2012

The best Belgium restaurant of Sarasota. The mussel are excellente and the atmosphere of the restaurant is great. If you want to have a good time go to the brasserie Belge and enjoy a Belgium beer with some mussels and Belgium fries. And if you love mussels go on Monday for Monday mussels all you can eat for $19.95 with ons Stella draft and belgium fries, but if you like beers go on Thursday for half off on any beer at the lounge or bar. Don't miss the opportunities to get a great meal with a great ambiance.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

High ceilinged and well appointed, this stand out restaurant actually has the seating set up to allow for fine and intimate dining.

Our visit was specifically to enjoy the "green fairy" but soon became about the blue cheese mussels, frites and baguettes. The bartender was a joy and ready to lead a culinary adventure.

I can't recommend this place enough.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

I went to Belge yesterday with a couple of friends. We were going to eat outside but it had no atmosphere at all. We walked inside and it was very nice and decided to eat there. We wanted their small plates and were informed they are only served at the bar or in their lounge. We opted for the bar and it was a good choice because they had the nicest bartender Keith there to wait on us. He made a great Cosmo, nicely chilled and tasty. We each tried something different. I had the lobster croquette and it was pretty good. My friends had the Caprese salad and the other the beef slider. They both enjoyed theirs. We decided as an after thought to try their pot of mussels.
We chose the mariniere style, a broth with celery and onions. My friend loved them but I thought they were just ok. I am partial to Carrabba's mussels I guess. It was an enjoyable evening but I was expecting better.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

After reading the reviews and based on some personal recommendations, decided to give this Belgian restaurant a try. Boy were we not disappointed! The decor is quite nice and appropriate for this above average restaurant and the service was great from the time we entered until we departed. The menu had many traditional favorites with an emphasis on seafood. Especially good were their Mussels, a house specialty, prepared steamed with your choice of "sauce" (8 different types). Having had mussels on both coasts (Atlantis and Pacific) these PEI mussels were some of the best I have had. Also in the excellent category was the onion soup...not at all like French Onion, it had a thicker, more substantial broth (due to the potato in it) and it was no way near as salty as French. Cheese, croutons , and french fried onions were served on the side. The fish (Grouper) and the Belgian meatballs were also very good. We will definitely be back