“the watering hole”

Bearded Clam Waterfront Restaurant & Tiki Bar Sarasota
Ranked #359 of 1,071 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Laid back waterfront restaurant offering a very large menu including but not limited to, fresh seafood, pasta, pizza, hot dogs, numerous sandwiches, burgers, numerous appetizers, daily specials, bar bite menu, happy hour 11:00a.m. - 6:00p.m. M - F. 2 for 1 margharitas on Thursday along with our gourmet poolside taco bar and a full kids menu. We are a pet friendly restaurant. We offer over 700 feet of public dockwall space and are located east at marker 16 in Sarasota bay. Customers can enjoy large pool deck and swimming pool. Live music
Reviewed September 15, 2013

perfect way to end the day proper bar real people tourits and locals bud at $ 1.75!!! good food all the sport plus sits on the end of a marina boaters heaven

Reviewed September 11, 2013

staff both friendly and helpful nothing was too much trouble.lovely atmosphere around the pool and bar area

Reviewed August 29, 2013

This restaurant is a tiki bar/seated service. We ate at the tiki bar and enjoyed the food and atmosphere. This was our second visit. The first was Super Bowl Sunday with a huge buffet/pig roast. The manager was very friendly and the wait staff well trained.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

A fun place to go have a drink, watch the boats, hang out with the locals. But the pool is past its prime and looks a little too scary to swim in. Stay away from the food, it is overpriced and less than mediocre. Ordered the hamburger which was tasteless and dry, and was served with a piece of lettuce and an unripe tomato slice. Afraid to try anything more elaborate. The locals only try the food here once. Definitely a tourist trap.

1  Thank Jane I
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I came into the area to pick up a boat we purchased and should have been around for 3 days. It ended up being just under 3 weeks. I was pretty much stuck until further notice. On my first meal here I ordered the Pastrami on Rye with Swiss. OMG!!! I lived in New York at one point in my life and this was amazing (had it 2 more times during my stay). On another occasion I had to try the French Dip and this left me wanting more. The choices of slaw (homemade) or Fries (double dipped) were great sides!

I missed this special the first 2 nights, but definately made sure I ordered it the final Tuesday I was there... All-You-Can-Eat Crab. And man, I regret not having had it the two Tuesdays prior as these were the sweetest crabs legs and claws I have ever eaten at an establishment. I killed it and wonder, how do these people make money off this as they just kept them coming out as i KEPT PACKING EM AWAY.

Wesley (the owner) was very welcoming and his staff very friendly. I was visiting from Mexico, but, always felt as if I were a local. I do not drink alcohol myself (so I am a cheap date) but was always welcomed with a smile at the bar no matter what time of day it was. I will be returning soon, and hope they have their live music license back by then, as this place was a blast, I can imagine what it is like when in full swing! Good luck and...

Happy sailing!!!