“First timer”
Review of Owen's Fish Camp

Owen's Fish Camp
Ranked #18 of 1,031 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Birmingham, Michigan
“First timer”
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Two for dinner on a Tuesday. Very quirky atmosphere and was busy, but sat right away. Companion had shrimp and grits and exclaimed on the large and plentiful shrimp. She could not finish the large portion. I had the Grouper which was the fish of the day. A little rubbery, but ate it all. Sides of black eyed peas and cheesy grits were outstanding. We had oysters Rockefeller to start. Good, not great. No liquor, just beer and wine. Service was attentive and waitress explained the menu. Will return.

Visited July 2014

portugal
“Eats”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Good food great location young staff not so much
Young ladies at the front desk are not very professional

• Visited April 2014
Sarasota, Florida
“Totally great!”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

What a fun restaurant! The food was fantastic and the service also! They had a nice selection of beverages. There was live music in the cool and funky "old Florida" outdoor area along with cool places to hang out and watch the oysters roast over the fire and the kids play games and swing on the tire swing (we hung out there for a while after we ate), they also had call ahead seating which was nice for our large group as we could tell it was a very busy place. Everything we ordered was delicious and there was a nice assortment of menu items and prices. Their staff was fun to talk to also! A really great place and I can't wait to go back!

• Visited June 2014
“This place has become one of our favorite places to eat.”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

There is nothing else to say other than perfection. We have never had a disappointing meal here. The ambiance adds to the culinary expertise. Start with the Bloody Mary oyster shooters then close your eyes and point on the menu. If you don't, you will change your mind a half dozen times. Thank me later!

• Visited September 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Atmosphere is cool”
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed Owens, I had a fried green tomato salad that was one of the best salads In a long time & I eat a lot of fresh green salads. Speaking of greens, holy moly, the BEST i have ever had. I spent summers in southern Ky where i would pick the greens from the yard & yet Owens does greens better than both my grandmothers. I also applaud Owens for having 1 of the best beers, in my opinion its the next up & coming from Asheville, SC called Gaelic Ale! My girls loved swinging on the tire swing, while we listened to music & watched the cook smoke Oysters over the fire out back. It is very busy so I highly recommend call ahead seating. Pricey but worth it for this super food cant wait to visit again- next summer!!!!

Visited June 2014