“Great service great food funky ambience”
Review of Owen's Fish Camp

Owen's Fish Camp
Ranked #17 of 1,031 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
jackson,mi
“Great service great food funky ambience”
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Loved the varied food selections!
We tried the crab cakes,oysters,grouper,fish tacos'& green tomato & tropical shrimp salads. All were delicious! Our waitress,Michelle was outstanding! The manager was all over making sure everything ran
Smoothly. Always busy! Go early or use the cute back porch area to wait with some drinks. Small but cute with fresh excellent food!

Visited February 2014

Powell, Ohio
“Get there early”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Great meal, the service was friendly and fast. The restaurant is really funky, eclectic and just a great setting. Worth visiting when in Sarasota. Be sure to get there early, it gets crowded very quickly. We arrived at 5:30 on Sunday and it was already a 40 minute wait so we ate at the bar.

Visited February 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Is it worth the wait ?”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I have eaten twice at Owens in the past three weeks once as a twosome and once as five people
each time the wait time was 90 mins so that is my quota for this trip . Owens needs to organize their system a bit better including telling people that they have first come first serve high table that seats 6-8 . Then they could help the people who are waiting get better access to the bar to grab a drink during their wait ,the current system is a bit ridiculous at best but with a bit of creative thinking by the owners could be solved . The place has atmosphere no question and the food is better than average not brilliant but probably worth the money . My advice is go early [ not my style ] or go after 8 pm for a short wait or go at 9pm for no wait but be prepared to be sitting in a restaurant that is virtually empty by 9.45
DD

1 Thank david d
Venice
“Good food small restaurant cute back patio area”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

The fish tacos were great I loved them I had the fish n chips and wished I got the tacos fish was good breading was to thick for me!! We had a great time it was my dads 54th bday and he loves that place so after dinner we decided to go out and sit by the fire and listen to the band so as we're grabbing are beers to go out the owner actually came to my 54 yr old father and assumed he was trying to take this cheap glass home with him he tells him 3:00$ I couldn't believe he thought my dad was trying to steal his glass are you serious we just spent over a 100.00 on dinner and you actually think he was trying to steal your glass come on I work at a restaurant and the last words a customer should here is thank u come again not that glass will be 3.00$ like he was trying to take it omg that was annoying and embarrassed my dad on his bday that someone thought he would do something like that!!!! I liked everything else till the owner did that not very professional !!

1 Thank Ljs223
MidWest
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sensational Snapper!”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Went on a cool evening in February, had to wait 30 minutes, watch a ton of business walk out the door because they didn't have a table for at least 45 minutes. The owner should expand the restaurant by using the backyard courtyard, which was not very nice....it looked like a junkyard to me, and was not inviting to have a cocktail with my husband. We were seated in the front porch and were freezing our entire dinner, as the waitresses kept the front door propped open despite the 58 degree temp that evening. Now for the positives....the clam chowder with bacon was outstanding, flavorful, and very special...not your usual. We ordered the Red Snapper with lemon butter caper sauce and were very,very happy with our meal. The sides are plentiful and you are given a lot of variety. I had the cheesy grits and collard greens to have something different than we can get up North. They were both great. My husband had the red skin potatoes and coleslaw, which he said were average. Our waitress was enthusiastic, friendly, and offered her recommendations. All in all, this is definitely a restaurant you should consider while in Sarasota.