“Waits are long but the food and atmosphere are worth it!”
Review of Owen's Fish Camp

Owen's Fish Camp
Ranked #15 of 1,071 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Great seafood and a very charming resturant make this a great place to bring out of town guests. If you want to you can call ahead to get your name on the list, if you don't call ahead the wait can be long. But there is a nice spot to sit outside and have a drink while you wait. The grilled shrimp appetizer is great as is the black grouper when they have it as a naked fish. I love the soft shell crab in the seafood basket! this place won't disappoint you.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,643)

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I did a little reasearch for a few places to eat while in Sarasota for my Nephews wedding. Owens popped up on top of the list and did not disappoint.

I was told they did not take reservations but when I called they took them for our party (I think they only do it for very large parties as we had 15 people).

Check out the menue - lots of different southern dishes. Food all around was very very good and way less than mortgaging your home to eat at one of the big restaurants on St. Armands. I had snapper, my kids had the flat Iron steak. Both were fantastic. I had the pleasure of having enough of the flat Iron steak left over for my lunch the next day. Some in our party ordered the pulled pork on top of scalops. That is a very interesting combination and very good. Service was spot on.

No mixed drinks - only beer and wine but a good selection.

Definitly worth hitting while in Sarasota.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

It is a little corner of old Florida. Stunning food, but a bit out of the way, unless you are a foreign film fan, then it's right next door.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

This is one of those places that you could easily pass over thinking it's just a hole in the wall, but don't! It's a great little restaurant and the food was wonderful. We loved how is was decorated with old items everywhere. My husband had the mixed seafood platter w/fries and slaw. I had the shrimp and grits w/andouille sausage. Both were very good. We'll definitely make that stop again on our next trip. Also, the iced tea is very good!

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Came across Owens by chance and is the best place in Sarasota for atmosphere and great fresh food. Its busy and buzzy so you need to book but wont be disappointed . It worth the wait !