“Great”

Lucky Dawg Fishing Charters
Reviewed December 4, 2011

Me and my father in law had a great time...we where very unfortunate with the big deep sea fish, but captain jack put us in the right on top of them multiple times. Spent most of our time catchen rookie trout but highly enjoying ourselves... I think we got a total of 30....it was the best either of us had ever done....we woul definitely go back

1  Thank Kinsch

Reviewed September 18, 2011

My brother and I went fishing with Capt. jack and haven't been able to stop talking about it since we left. The fishing was so awesome. He knew all the spots to go and there was more fish then we could have dreamed about. We opened up the morning finding a school of Spanish mackrel and caught several each within min's. We then moved on to bigger game catching bonita. They moved so we went to another school of Spanish mackrel and as we pulled them in Capt. jack got the poles set up for fishing for sharks. We caught some lemons, and black tip. Boy do they put up a great fight. Finished up the day catching more bonita. I can't wait to come back and fish with Capt. jack again.

1  Thank That1guy82
Reviewed September 16, 2011

If you want to have a great day of fishing with some who understands the area and provides great insight and knowledge...call Captain Jack!

The best part...you will catch a lot of fish!

1  Thank RMBrooks
Reviewed September 1, 2011

My wife and I took my kids fishing (ages 7 & 10) with Captain Jack and i have to say it was worth every penny we spent. We all had a great time and caught alot of fish ( snook, redfish, mangrove snapper, sea bass, spanish mackeral, spotted sea trout, flounder) My daughter caught a 30 inch Snook that Captain Jack casted on and then he handed her the pole what a memory she will have. Captain Jack is very friendly and he was great with our kids!!! He is very knowledgeable and knows all the hotspots. We also saw tons of wildlife (porpoise, manatees, all kind of birds). He cleaned some of our catch and we cooked it on the grill back at the room (delicious). My family can't wait to come back to Sarasota next year and the first thing were gonna do is book a fishin trip with Captain Jack!!!!

1  Thank teletwang1
Reviewed July 10, 2011

My wife and I went down to Sarasota for vacation over the July 4th holiday. Capt. Jack took me fly fishing for Snook on the beach, and after a little expert instruction, I was able to land a 30" Snook on the fly, which is my largest to date. The next day, Capt, Jack took me to try to get a Tarpon on a fly (This is really only for expert fly fishermen and requires the ability to cast a 12wt rod between 40-50 yards in gusty wind). I got many looks at schools of tarpon and jumped one, but was unable to land one.

The following day, Capt. Jack took me out for his specialty, spin fishing for Tarpon. He was willing to go a early as I liked and by 6:30 am we had already hooked up and jumped one Tarpon, and by 7:30 I was fighting one that was 155lbs. After an hour and a half fight we landed the fish and Capt. Jack too many great photos of me with it beside the boat. Afterwards, we went back in, jumped a couple more.

As others have noted, Capt. Jack is honest and you should heed his advice. If you share with him what it is that you would like to do, he will tell you your options for the greatest chance of success. He would never take you out if he thought the fish wouldn't bite, and he would only refer you to other reputable guides if he is already booked.

I wouldn't fish with anyone else in Sarasota.

1  Thank DCTrvlr79