“awesome fishing guide”

Lucky Dawg Fishing Charters
Reviewed September 1, 2011

My wife and I took my kids fishing (ages 7 & 10) with Captain Jack and i have to say it was worth every penny we spent. We all had a great time and caught alot of fish ( snook, redfish, mangrove snapper, sea bass, spanish mackeral, spotted sea trout, flounder) My daughter caught a 30 inch Snook that Captain Jack casted on and then he handed her the pole what a memory she will have. Captain Jack is very friendly and he was great with our kids!!! He is very knowledgeable and knows all the hotspots. We also saw tons of wildlife (porpoise, manatees, all kind of birds). He cleaned some of our catch and we cooked it on the grill back at the room (delicious). My family can't wait to come back to Sarasota next year and the first thing were gonna do is book a fishin trip with Captain Jack!!!!

1  Thank teletwang1
in 5 reviews
"dolphins"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed July 10, 2011

My wife and I went down to Sarasota for vacation over the July 4th holiday. Capt. Jack took me fly fishing for Snook on the beach, and after a little expert instruction, I was able to land a 30" Snook on the fly, which is my largest to date. The next day, Capt, Jack took me to try to get a Tarpon on a fly (This is really only for expert fly fishermen and requires the ability to cast a 12wt rod between 40-50 yards in gusty wind). I got many looks at schools of tarpon and jumped one, but was unable to land one.

The following day, Capt. Jack took me out for his specialty, spin fishing for Tarpon. He was willing to go a early as I liked and by 6:30 am we had already hooked up and jumped one Tarpon, and by 7:30 I was fighting one that was 155lbs. After an hour and a half fight we landed the fish and Capt. Jack too many great photos of me with it beside the boat. Afterwards, we went back in, jumped a couple more.

As others have noted, Capt. Jack is honest and you should heed his advice. If you share with him what it is that you would like to do, he will tell you your options for the greatest chance of success. He would never take you out if he thought the fish wouldn't bite, and he would only refer you to other reputable guides if he is already booked.

I wouldn't fish with anyone else in Sarasota.

1  Thank DCTrvlr79
Reviewed April 24, 2011

My son and I were fortunate to have found Jack Hartman through the internet and booked a 1/2 day flats fishing trip in the waters around Sarasota. He knew exactly where to go and how to present the bait for the fish in the area. We caught snook, sea trout, a blue, and tried catching redfish, but no luck that day. Captain Jack was an excellent guide and offered helpful tips, without being overbearing as some guides can be. I'll definitely book with him again next time I'm in the Sarasota area!

2  Thank NJFisherguy
Reviewed March 8, 2011

An outstanding backcountry, flats and tarpon guide with extensive knowledge of local waters, Jack Hartman is one of the best guides Sarasota has to offer. He consistently goes out of his way to provide the best possible experience for his clients whether they be the most experienced or novice angler. I highly recommend Captain Jack Hartman.

3  Thank RWS40