“Really enjoyed the ride!”
Review of Legacy Trail

Legacy Trail
Ranked #14 of 144 things to do in Sarasota
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed July 18, 2013

What a great bonus to have a paved bike trail along the intracoastal waterway. We rented bikes right off the trail (at a bike shop in the plaza off Rte. 41 with Big Lots), and rode to our heart's content. You can make stops along the way, off the trail, and spend as little or as much time as you like.

Here's a link to a PDF of a trail map: http://www.venicegov.com/Files/Parks/BikeTrailMap.pdf

Enjoy!

3  Thank loulombo
There are newer reviews for Legacy Trail

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Not far from just about everything in the Sarasota area the Legacy Trail is a very nice bike trail. There is parking off of McIntosh Avenue, and the trail is a delightful ride through all sorts of greenery.

Visited May 2013

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The trail is wide and paved. It is ten miles from the trail entrance in to the Venice Train Depot. Bring water and perhaps bug spray. The Venetian Waterway Trail picks up at the Venice Train Depot and runs down to Casperson Beach. It is clean and paved. It's a wonderful way to spend a couple of hours.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My friends and I had a blast on the lovely trail and got some great exercise too! We rode bikes, but saw some walkers near the intercostal too. It is a great way to spend an hour or a day!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have got to say I love going outside and kayaking, biking...whatever. So when I read about the Legacy Trail I had to go try it out. It was beautiful! Well maintained, great bench/sitting areas, bathrooms in parks and great sights. The pavement is really smooth and easy to ride on. It is surrounded by lots of giant pine trees for miles on end. I loved everything but I was really really annoyed by the Lance Armstorng wannabes. AND THEY WERE EVERYWHERE!!! I thought it was a joke that there was a sign saying "Speed Limit 15 mph". But no. I thought this was a nice casual ride for me and my 13 year old son. But all of these decked out street bike people really ruined it for me. I mean seriously if you going to go out there and ride as heard as you can, please go to the street.
If you are going to go and take your young kids please be prepared for these people.

3  Thank craig h