“Great place for a bike ride”
Review of Legacy Trail

Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Siesta Key, Florida
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Great place for a bike ride”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Not far from just about everything in the Sarasota area the Legacy Trail is a very nice bike trail. There is parking off of McIntosh Avenue, and the trail is a delightful ride through all sorts of greenery.

Los Angeles, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Trail!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The trail is wide and paved. It is ten miles from the trail entrance in to the Venice Train Depot. Bring water and perhaps bug spray. The Venetian Waterway Trail picks up at the Venice Train Depot and runs down to Casperson Beach. It is clean and paved. It's a wonderful way to spend a couple of hours.

Venice, Florida
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“SUPER!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My friends and I had a blast on the lovely trail and got some great exercise too! We rode bikes, but saw some walkers near the intercostal too. It is a great way to spend an hour or a day!

Visited June 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“I really liked it, BUT.....”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have got to say I love going outside and kayaking, biking...whatever. So when I read about the Legacy Trail I had to go try it out. It was beautiful! Well maintained, great bench/sitting areas, bathrooms in parks and great sights. The pavement is really smooth and easy to ride on. It is surrounded by lots of giant pine trees for miles on end. I loved everything but I was really really annoyed by the Lance Armstorng wannabes. AND THEY WERE EVERYWHERE!!! I thought it was a joke that there was a sign saying "Speed Limit 15 mph". But no. I thought this was a nice casual ride for me and my 13 year old son. But all of these decked out street bike people really ruined it for me. I mean seriously if you going to go out there and ride as heard as you can, please go to the street.
If you are going to go and take your young kids please be prepared for these people.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank craig h
South Florida, Florida
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 394 helpful votes
“Cycling Paradise”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

In the area of the country rated #1 for cycling traffic deaths, Legacy Trial is a welcome respite. This Sarasota-to-Venice, limited access cycling trail is a great way to pedal to your heart's content without getting blown off the road.

Visited July 2013