“Great new restaurant”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Interesting diverse menu,excellent food,modern,welcoming atmosphere,
terrific service,value for your money. Small room in back for private parties. Available for breakfast,lunch,and dinner atmosphere is
very romantic. Bread and pastries are delicious.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

A bunch of us gathered there a week ago for dinner and we all enjoyed the great food, excellent service, and will definitely return. The place is small, but the chef is fabulous. The place is also spotless and very accommodating.

1  Thank Trailerking
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Our party of 4 decided to try The Savory Street restaurant in Sarasota, FL last Saturday evening and OH MY ... what a treat! The entire fine dining experience was just magnificent from the lobster bisque through the main course and into the dessert creations. Everyone at our table was praising their selections and the chef/owner (Claudia) was gracious enough to speak with us at our table. Her 10 year old daughter charmed us with her presence and biscotti, complements of her mother.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We had heard so many great things about Savory Street, and finally had the chance to visit yesterday. In short, the food was excellent, but the experience was marred by less than adequate service. They were about 75% full, and not overly busy. My wife & I both ordered the breakfast burritos with egg whites. She also ordered the biscuit & gravy, and I the grits. My burrito was fine, yet hers came back made with whole eggs. The server did not return to the table to check on our meals or refill our coffees. Additionally, my grits did not show up and were not delivered to me until 12 minutes after I asked another server to check on them. They were finally delivered by our original server, and when I mentioned to our server that my wife's burrito had been made with whole eggs, she said "oh sorry"...not asking whether the problem could be rectified. Meanwhile, a gentlemen who appeared to be the owner, conversing with the ladies at the table next to us, not even stopping to see if our meals were ok. Maybe an attempt to comp 50% of the burrito ($8.50), or the grits ($2.99) would have been a nice gesture to offset the poor timing or mistake, nothing was offered. What good is the food if you can't get adequate customer service?

57virginie57, Manager at The Savory Street, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Thank you for your review!

At the Savory street, we always thrive to give our customers the best foods and the best service possible.

We are working very hard to train our staff towards excellence and to recognize and solve issues as they arrise.
We appreciate your review and it will be discussed with our staff.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We had been to Savory before for breakfast, and we were amazed at the nighttime transition into a dinner restaurant. The atmosphere is informal, and it's impossible not to feel comfortable from the moment you walk through the door. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable, and they make you feel very welcome. The food was very good, particularly if you focus on the vegetable dishes. My wife loved hers, but I found my steak to be a bit bland. (But then why would you ever order a steak in a place with so many succulent alternatives. My bad.) Nice choice of wines by the glass, and good (but huge - share one) desserts. Plenty of parking on the street.