“One treat and I am sold !”
Review of Pastry Art

Pastry Art
Ranked #1 of 39 Coffee & Tea in Sarasota
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Great place for coffee, pastries and sandwiches in downtown Sarasota
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stopped in and got a cheese croissant, pleasantly surprised that there wasn't a lot of sugar glaze covering their baked items, as is common in so many bakeries today.My croissant was very good, a light flaky pastry, with just a dab of cheese on the inside. I could hardly taste the filling, there could have been a tad more, but it was still good. My only disappointment was that they did not offer a guava cheese pastry, which I thought was common in south Florida.
My receipt shows that Richard was the counter person that helped me. He was patient, answered any questions I had, and had a friendly nature. The cafe had several people relaxing, some friends, a family, and another couple coming in as I left. Seemed like a nice place to linger and enjoy some coffee and a light meal or snack. I had to get on my way but next time I am in Sarasota, I'd go back to Pastry Art again.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Simple execution, on main street , great wi if..., great green tea ...wide choice of pastries ,

Great spot ...

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We purchased several chocolates and mini-desserts; all were pretty bland, despite the fact that they looked good... Very low cocoa content in the truffles which just made them taste sugary and fatty...

Doesn't even come close to Burn's Court Cafe, C'est La Vie Bakery or Ooh La La...

There was music on when we visited and the place had a good vibe and people seemed to be enjoying themselves, but we certainly wouldn't recommend and wouldn't go back...

1  Thank Geoff and Jenni G
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Great little coffee shop. The barista doesnt just push a button to make a cappucino or latte. This is the real deal with hand-tamped espresso. Not really advertised as a lunch spot, but the salads, wraps, and sandwiches are freshly made to order and stuffed with yummy ingredients. Pastry Art also makes great cakes to order in advance for special occasions. The dark chocolate one with the raspberry fill is to die for. Speaking from experience, its best to speak directly with the pastry chef when ordering a cake, as orders can get lost or misplaced if taken by those working behind the counter! Nice place--for locals and tourists--to sit a spell, plug in to their laptops, or chill out and listen to a little late-nite live music while sipping a coffee and munching on a bakery treat (try the shortbread cookies).

Reviewed May 24, 2012

Just cakes and coffee but boy were they good. The cappuccino had a good robust flavour but the muffins were superb, moist, light, and full of blueberries with a lovely wee crust on the top. Probably the best I've had. Pleasant server and a nice mix of younger and older folks (all with Vietnam Veteran on their caps) in the place, gave it a pleasant vibe. Next time I'm in Main Street Sarasota I'll call again.