“Excellent food”

Peruvian Grill
Ranked #223 of 1,031 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Traditional and Authentic Peruvian Dishes.
Sarasota, Florida
“Excellent food”
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Took some friends there for some Peruvian food, everything we tryed was excellent. Fish ceviche, shrimp ceviche and I order the arroz con mariscos( Paella) was very very good, thank u. We'll b back.

• Visited July 2013

Sarasota, Florida
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I have never had Peruvian food, but being an adventurous sort when it comes to food, a close friend took us there for my birthday. The service was excellent and the food was very good. I had the Corvina fish dish, which came with yucca,rice,plantains and salad and the flavor was wonderful and the fish cooked perfectly. It is a very small restaurant so reservations are a good idea. A party of about 20 came in after we had been served and it changed the entire atmosphere of the restaurant. So glad we were almost done. I would definitely recommend and go there again,myself

• Visited July 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Mediocre food, totally hyped”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Seems to be riding the wave of Peruvian food curiosity around Sarasota. Had three dishes for lunch recently - all of poor quality. Some salty & awful tasting Peruvian fried rice, again salty and mediocre Corvina. Bad Calamari appetizer. Not worth the money spent.

• Visited June 2013
Sara
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food OK, service is an opportunity for improvement”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

My wife had gotten take out ceviche here before and really enjoyed it. We went to eat in for the first time earlier this week.
The food was good. The waitress unfortunately was inattentive, and sat at an unoccupied table by the kitchen , texting or using her cell phone and was it difficult to get her attention. Water was actually warm, served from a pitcher with no ice. The bill for three was $69.55, which was fine, but I gave her eighty dollars in cash and got back ten dollars in cash, not $10.45.

The food was very nice, and I imagine we caught them on an off day, judging from other reviews on this site, but it was disappointing nonetheless.

• Visited June 2013
Old Bridge, New Jersey
“Well I've Never Been to Peru...”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I've never been to Peru but I can definitely like the food! This is what I imagine a small, family owned neighborhood place in Lima would be like. Intimate and friendly is the experience when you first walk into this strip mall destination. The decor is simple and has Peruvian rugs and pottery decorating the walls. My wife and I we greeted immediately and seated in a corner booth. Our server brought out corn kernels with a spicy mayo sauce for dipping. Nice to keep us busy while we ordered. I wanted to try the ceviche but my wife wasn't so sure so we ordered the appetizer sampler. It had beautifully prepared ceviche, very fresh and flavored with cilantro, lime juice and red onions. It also had fried calamari which were very lightly dusted in seasoned flour and served with a homemade tarter sauce. rounding off the sampler was a tamale bursting with flavor, very good! For our entrees I had grilled Corvina fish with Chimichurri sauce. Beautiful fresh filet with cilantro, garlic, olive oil mixture that was wonderful. Served with fried plantain and fried yucca, salad and rice. My wife had grilled beef with chimichurri sauce served with fried plantain, salad and rice and white beans. The portions were filling but not over the top. Had just enough room to share a flan for dessert. It was creamy and rich and served with a large mound of fresh whipped cream. Although we live in Jersey, whenever we are in Sarasota visiting friends we will definitely return. The only thing I missed was an espresso to finish off the experience but when I asked our server if there is a traditional Peruvian espresso she said no. I'm not sure, never being there but the american coffee was very good, nonetheless. I highly recommend Peruvian Grill. One caveat, large groups (six or more) probably best to call ahead since it's a small pace.

• Visited March 2013