“Amazing Little Place”

Cuisines: American
Description: Chicago style hot dogs and beef
Description: Chicago style hot dogs and beef
Reviewed December 10, 2018

My husband and I had the pleasurable experience of eating of at Tony's. We were both very impressed with the quality and portions of their food. We ordered their Italian Beef sandwich with onion rings. The very best beef sandwich we've every had. The establishment itself is not fancy nor should it be. It's exactly what you would expect to find in Chicago for a great sandwich shop. As a matter of fact, we're going back tonight so that says it all. Try it - you'll love it!

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed November 20, 2018

These guys know Chicago Vienna beef. The chilly dogs are the best. Sit outside on a nice evening and enjoy downtown Gulfgate.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 24, 2018

Half my family loves this place and the other half hates it. Probably a good indication of how you're likely to react. You'll either feel drawn to the feelings of nostalgia and greasy fare or you'll be horrified by the grubbiness and lack of a single item on the menu that won't contribute to heart disease.

I'm in the love it camp. I willingly overlook the grime because the overall atmosphere is so unique to this area and so reminiscent of childhood memories of trips to the big city and ball games. The interior of this place captures the feeling of sitting on a Chicago park bench and eating a street hot dog or being at a game with your family. It's the opposite of glamour and totally delightful. I like to eat an Italian beef with sweet peppers, drenched in jus to the point where I eat even more quickly to finish before the bun falls apart while the other fan in my family happily eats his traditional Chicago dog.

We leave the haters at home and enjoy our trip down memory lane.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

For a time I felt the best place to go was the trailer at Home Depot, but after Hurricane Irma that no long exists. I am not close but I have been here before. I tried it again today but even though all the components are there the sum is not as great as its parts.
It’s not bad by any means but the hot dog just doesn’t do it. Maybe it’s the water?
In any event, it was really disappointing when they made fresh fries but mixed them with stale fries. That is not okay.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 6, 2018

I had heard about this place so I went there for lunch. If anyone remembers my other reviews, some of you will know I have been looking for a good hot dog place for months. Well, I am still looking. This place was not bad, it just was not that good. The fries were burnt and tasteless. No apologies from the owner, just a comment that told me sometimes that happens. That is BS, cooking fries is not super-science, you just have to look at them. McDonald's makes tons every day with no problem. The dog was not good. It was over boiled and mushy. It was not tasty and it was Venia beef. It was just cooked poorly like the fries. The bun and topping were good. I am sorry, as a Chicago style hot dog, it was at best mediocre. I am in no hurry to go back here.

Date of visit: August 2018