“Great comfort food”

Cuisines: American
Description: Chicago style hot dogs and beef
Description: Chicago style hot dogs and beef
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

These guys know Chicago Vienna beef. The chilly dogs are the best. Sit outside on a nice evening and enjoy downtown Gulfgate.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed September 24, 2018

Half my family loves this place and the other half hates it. Probably a good indication of how you're likely to react. You'll either feel drawn to the feelings of nostalgia and greasy fare or you'll be horrified by the grubbiness and lack of a single item on the menu that won't contribute to heart disease.

I'm in the love it camp. I willingly overlook the grime because the overall atmosphere is so unique to this area and so reminiscent of childhood memories of trips to the big city and ball games. The interior of this place captures the feeling of sitting on a Chicago park bench and eating a street hot dog or being at a game with your family. It's the opposite of glamour and totally delightful. I like to eat an Italian beef with sweet peppers, drenched in jus to the point where I eat even more quickly to finish before the bun falls apart while the other fan in my family happily eats his traditional Chicago dog.

We leave the haters at home and enjoy our trip down memory lane.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

For a time I felt the best place to go was the trailer at Home Depot, but after Hurricane Irma that no long exists. I am not close but I have been here before. I tried it again today but even though all the components are there the sum is not as great as its parts.
It’s not bad by any means but the hot dog just doesn’t do it. Maybe it’s the water?
In any event, it was really disappointing when they made fresh fries but mixed them with stale fries. That is not okay.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 6, 2018

I had heard about this place so I went there for lunch. If anyone remembers my other reviews, some of you will know I have been looking for a good hot dog place for months. Well, I am still looking. This place was not bad, it just was not that good. The fries were burnt and tasteless. No apologies from the owner, just a comment that told me sometimes that happens. That is BS, cooking fries is not super-science, you just have to look at them. McDonald's makes tons every day with no problem. The dog was not good. It was over boiled and mushy. It was not tasty and it was Venia beef. It was just cooked poorly like the fries. The bun and topping were good. I am sorry, as a Chicago style hot dog, it was at best mediocre. I am in no hurry to go back here.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

Sitting here downing a tasty Chicago dog... watching the cook who was wearing one glove, continuously groom his hair with the ungloved hand.... and then handle food. He also cross handled cooler doors, empty customer trays and his wipe rag. To his credit he did take off the glove to handle money..... oops scratch that just saw him glove up and make change. Raw fries are within spitting distance of customers without refrigeration. Food is good, but still won’t be back.

Date of visit: July 2018