“Still looking for a great Chicago hot dog”

Tony's Chicago Beef Company
Ranked #6 of 49 Quick Bites in Sarasota
Cuisines: American
Description: Chicago style hot dogs and beef
Description: Chicago style hot dogs and beef
Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

For a time I felt the best place to go was the trailer at Home Depot, but after Hurricane Irma that no long exists. I am not close but I have been here before. I tried it again today but even though all the components are there the sum is not as great as its parts.
It’s not bad by any means but the hot dog just doesn’t do it. Maybe it’s the water?
In any event, it was really disappointing when they made fresh fries but mixed them with stale fries. That is not okay.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

I had heard about this place so I went there for lunch. If anyone remembers my other reviews, some of you will know I have been looking for a good hot dog place for months. Well, I am still looking. This place was not bad, it just was not that good. The fries were burnt and tasteless. No apologies from the owner, just a comment that told me sometimes that happens. That is BS, cooking fries is not super-science, you just have to look at them. McDonald's makes tons every day with no problem. The dog was not good. It was over boiled and mushy. It was not tasty and it was Venia beef. It was just cooked poorly like the fries. The bun and topping were good. I am sorry, as a Chicago style hot dog, it was at best mediocre. I am in no hurry to go back here.

Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

Sitting here downing a tasty Chicago dog... watching the cook who was wearing one glove, continuously groom his hair with the ungloved hand.... and then handle food. He also cross handled cooler doors, empty customer trays and his wipe rag. To his credit he did take off the glove to handle money..... oops scratch that just saw him glove up and make change. Raw fries are within spitting distance of customers without refrigeration. Food is good, but still won’t be back.

Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

My friend and I wanted a quick lunch. We were driving by Tony’s so we thought we would give it a try. I am so glad that we did. I had never seen a “Chicago” style hot before. Wow! Easily the best hot dog I have ever eaten. The French fries were fresh cut with skins - exactly how I like them. My friend had the Walnut salad. Great Walnuts, blue cheese & greens. Also excellent. I can’t think of a better place for a quick lunch. They also have hamburgers and sandwiches. Beer too. I will be coming back.

Reviewed June 29, 2018 via mobile

Excellent Italian Beef Sandwich and Chicago Dog! It’s the real deal if your from Chicago. Great atmosphere just like you would see in the Windy City.