“Best Chicago Dog and Italian Beef in the South”

Tony's Chicago Beef Company
Ranked #6 of 49 Quick Bites in Sarasota
Cuisines: American
Description: Chicago style hot dogs and beef
Description: Chicago style hot dogs and beef
Reviewed May 2, 2018

We've tried many so-called Chicago Dogs and Italian Beef sandwiches here in Florida and all have been lacking. Tony's is the real deal! The Chicago dog was perfectly seasoned, on a poppy seed bun and contained all the right condiments. Delicious. The Italian Beef was hot, tender, and dripping with delicious gravy. We added the sweet peppers and they were absolutely delicious. The Chicago Dog comes with fries and they were hot, crispy and really really good. The draft beer is served in a frosted mug and is a perfect compliment to the sandwiches. Service was very good. Reasonable prices. Seating at the bar and tables outside or tables inside. We recommend highly!

Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed in Siesta Key for two weeks in October. At the recommendation of our condo’s owner, we tried Tony’s. The place is uber casual and friendly and the owner treated us well. The hot dogs were excellent! We alternated with Chicago dogs and chili dogs. We liked eating at Tony’s so much we returned four more times.

Reviewed April 27, 2018

Yup, I'm raving about a hotdog. There are exactly three great hotdog stands in Venice, Florida, and this is one of them. I suggest you do what we (my girlfriend and I) did, and hit all three in subsequent days. And then debate well into the night which one of the three is best - hint: you'll both be right.

Reviewed April 8, 2018 via mobile

I had my favorite, a Vienna beef sausage. It was good and I had plenty of sport pepper. The fries were good. Atmosphere of a local place. Price was reasonable. I will go back.

Reviewed March 7, 2018 via mobile

I stopped in here after a bike ride on the Legacy Trail with friends. The special Italian beef sandwich was just a low grade slab of thin cut beef with gristle and veins. Look closely at the picture. No sauce, onions, etc. After riding 10 miles to get there, this was mighty disappointing. The others had burgers. They had no complaint other than the poor guy working there alone during the lunch hour screwed up their order and forgot them so the place was practically cleared out before they got their food.

1  Thank PennsylvaniYA