“Awesome Adventure”

Sarasota Paddleboard Company
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Sarasota Paddleboard Company is a company that specializes in Stand up Paddleboarding and sit on top kayaks We provide rentals lessons and excursions 7 days a week sun rise to sun set!.Based on lido key we are authorized for SUP and kayak rentals in the LIDO MANGROVE TUNNELS. Delivery and pick up of rental equipment to hotels,homes and waterfront locations is FREE! All necessary instruction and safety equipment is provided. We are specialist and carry top of the line equipment including race boards, all around boards, sup surf boards and tour boards. kayaks and soft top surf boards. We will provide the correct equipment sized for the user
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

The service and experience was exceptional. This has been something I've been wanting to do for a long time. For my first time, the service was super helpful. I would definitely recommend anyone to do it here. Make sure the tide is high the day you go though, otherwise you can't make it through the mangrove tunnels.

1 Thank Kniemeier2
bobboardman, Owner at Sarasota Paddleboard Company, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you so much for the great review I am happy you enjoyed the experience. Please feel free to post any pictures here or on our face book page

“First timer hooked”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

Bob is very warm gracious and easygoing, and his quick but thourough overview of the to do's prepared me well . I felt no fear once I was on the board and realized what I have been missing in my life. I went with three others for a bit then happily went off on my own enjoying some true peace in the mangrrove tunnels. The following day I brought my son and his girlfriend from Boston to try it for their first time and they loved it. It was money well spent and with the work Bob puts in to keep you happy, I can see it is not too much.

Visited February 2014
bobboardman, Owner at Sarasota Paddleboard Company, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you so much for taking time to write a review for us. So glad to see you are hooked on stand up paddleboarding. My biggest reward is to see others take to the sport.
Sarasota, Florida
“Paddleboard Adventure to remember”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

My boyfriend took myself and a friend of mine paddleboarding for valentines day and I have to say that it was an amazing experience. Bob was super friendly, gave us several options in equipment and let us head out after a few quick but thorough instructions. He provided us with the boards, paddles adjusted to our heights, a drybag for my phone and car keys, and a map of the area. He even went as far as finding us later in our trip and letting us try out his racing paddleboard. Overall it was a great experience and I am looking forward to taking one of Bob's tours in the future!

Visited February 2014
bobboardman, Owner at Sarasota Paddleboard Company, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
awesome1thank you so much for the review. I am glad everyone had a great time
109 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 203 helpful votes
“I agree with 62 people before me...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

Learning SUP was on my “to do list” forever, and now I am hooked! If we return to Sarasota we sure will go with Bob again. Here is why I recommend him to first timers and others as well:
1) Down to earth guy who doesn’t blow smoke – he explained in easy way what SUP is about and how to do it. Anyone can enjoy it!
2) Flexible and works around you as much as possible – we underestimated the time of arrival to meeting point and running nearly 2 hrs late. I called Bob about 45 min before previously scheduled time, thinking that our SUP adventure will have to postponed to another day. Poof! Bob made it work the same day. Said he will not be available between this and that hr but will meet us later. He did!!
3) Takes safety measures but is very reasonable.-you still have a choice whether you want your life jacket on or off 
4) Bob wants you to have best possible experience. – depending on the weather, water conditions and your experience he will take you to a spot where paddling will be comfortable and enjoyable. He is sensible and you can trust him when he says that paddling in one place or another is good or bad idea. (great for tourists who don’t know local waters)
5) Bob is priced well. The rates are uniform in the area. You won’t save money going somewhere else.
All in all paddle boarding with Sarasota Paddleboard Company was excellent! I would go with them again in a heartbeat, and definitely recommend to others.

Visited December 2013
bobboardman, Owner at Sarasota Paddleboard Company, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Wow, Thank you so much for the great review. Knowing that you have contributed 80 plus reviews on trip advisor it means a lot to me. I am so glad you are hooked on SUP, as the biggest reward for me is introducing people to the sport and seeing the excitement on their faces.
Charleston, West Virginia
3 attraction reviews
“Awesome Time Paddleboarding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

My sister and I had a great time paddleboarding. We had done it before, but Bob was more than willing to go over the basics as well as some tips for getting the maximum power out of each stroke. Bob arrived on time and prepared, and he even had a dry box so we could keep our phones with us, as well as a map showing us the best places to go to. It wasn't a busy day (in December), so he even took his paddleboard out on the water, took some pictures of us, and showed us exactly where the entrance to the mangrove tunnels, which we appreciated.

The paddleboarding was very peaceful and fun. It's a good workout, and it's cool to see the different wildlife and houses in the Sarasota Bay. The coolest part was going in the mangrove tunnels, which were narrow and felt adventurous. There were small crabs and oysters along the mangrove tunnels, which were neat to look at and scared my sister a little bit. We didn't see any manatees or dolphins, but apparently sometimes you can see them.

I'd definitely recommend Bob and Sarasota Paddleboard company, and I would definitely do it again if I come back to Sarasota.

Visited December 2013
bobboardman, Owner at Sarasota Paddleboard Company, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review Brad. Glade you had good time and I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay on Longboat Key!