“Grandkids enjoyed the time!”

Big Cat Habitat and Gulf Coast Sanctuary
Ranked #9 of 147 things to do in Sarasota
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Big Cat Habitat and Gulf Coast Sanctuary provides a sanctuary "for life" for the exotic animals currently calling the sanctuary home. Our goal is to create habitats that mimic native environments and are complete with a staff that can provide daily behavioral, sensory, and manipulative enrichment which is the basis for a happy healthy animal in captivity. As we grow and open our habitat to more rescues we will provide the same excellent care while educating the public.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Great place to take the kids!!
Animals seemed well taken care of. - show was fun!

Grandkids enjoyed feeding the bears and lions!!

Petting zoo was fun -- liked watching the antics of a couple of the escape artist goats!!

1  Thank Dr Tim T
Write a ReviewReviews (1,026)

Reviewed April 29, 2014

recommend it highly! It was wonderful for everyone and I enjoyed it a lot! I especially loved bringing in my sketchbook to draw the animals how they would naturally be in the wild! A must-see!!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

This place is amazing. The show is fun and I loved seeing so many people with children enjoying the artists and animals. I felt such great peace here. The animals are happy, calm, loved and I could feel the comfort they felt being in this place. I love that the artists explain the plight of animals kept as pets that should never have been pets, and how they have stepped up to protect these animals. Very happy to know they are taking care of these wild animals that no longer would survive in the wild.

I purchased a beautiful leather bracelet for myself and wish I had bought a bunch more to give as gifts and or more for myself haha. They cost $15.00 and $17.00 dollars depending on larger or smaller thickness. The gentlemen making and selling the bracelets had an act in the show. It was fun to talk to him about his history and snap a few pictures.

I highly recommend this place for families, couples or someone who just wants to enjoy the peaceful tranquility that this place provides.

Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

We loved this place, we were engaged for 4 hours. Animals were well cared for and you were able to see them up close. The show was fabulous.

2  Thank David W
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Nice show, very informative. Animals seemed to be well taken care of and fed. Nice enclosures. The highlight of my trip was getting to see the tigers and lions which you don't get to see everyday. They also had some bears different variants such as brown and grizzly, also had a petting zoo with goats for the young ones, they had a bird atrium as well. As well as some chimpanzees and other types of monkeys. Also if you'd like to make any donations they allow YOU to choose where your money gets used rather then just throwing it into the pot.

2  Thank ShadowAce888