“wow” 5 of 5 stars

meLange
Ranked #127 of 988 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American, Bar, International
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Casual New American/Eclectic restaurant open seven nights a week for dinner, from 6PM until 2AM every night. Chef-owned and operated. We support local farms as much as possible.
Cheltenham, Pennsylvania
“wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

pleasing to the eye and electrifying to the taste buds. four of us made quite a dent into this eclectic and most satisfying menu ---- venison sausage over pasta, branzino, wild boar, short ribs, vc sandwich, well priced wine list and , of course, a wonderful dessert (chocolate wonderful ).
the small plates are not so small, but we mananged..the staff is knowledgeable and extremely pleasant.
trying to figure out how many more times we can go in the next 2 weeks

• Visited January 2013

Sarasota, Florida
“Interesting food, could use a little spark.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Party of 4 with reservations. We were seated right away, atmosphere of the restaurant is interesting. Smell of incense is a bit overwhelming. Started with Ragoons, Duck Springrolls and Rabbit Tacos. Ragoons were not very crisp and underwhelming. Duck in the Springrolls had a good flavor, Rabbit Tacos were ok. Tomato Bisque was quite good, nice balanced flavor and texture. 2 of us had Wild Boar, 1 Quail, 1 Branzino. Wild Boar had an interesting flavor to it - perhaps it was the star anise that was a bit offputting. Branzino was delicious but sauce was drizzled over the skin which I chose not to eat. Overall was a nice different menu experience but nothing really "popped" for us.

• Visited January 2013
Cound
“Really enjoyed just wish we had been hungrier”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We asked the concierge at The Ritz for a late night place "light meal" as we were somewhat "fooded out". He suggested meLange which was walkking distance from the hotel, so again no driving no taxi. It was more a cafe style place than a formal restaurant but nevertheless very pleasant. It was not very busy so that always worries me but it was after Xmas and New Year,. Also it also turned out to be open until 2 AM, so perhaps that was why, as it is a late night place to eat. Anyway the greeting and service were very pleasant. the menus and wine list were good and as we were not that hungry we could choose from the Tapas style menu. Our favourites were the amazing Duck Spring rolls, the corn fritters and the bread pudding. This is a place that will be on our list next time in Sarasota and we will make sure we are "hungrier" as the menu choice was great. Also not expensive!

• Visited December 2012
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Eat here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I've eaten at meLange several times and the food has been consistently delicious and the staff warm and friendly. I manage an organic farm so I tend to be very picky about the freshness of my food and I've not yet had a dish that I felt was less than excellent quality. The braised wild boar is my hands down favorite dish. I'd eat it every day if I could.

If you have the time and stomach for it I highly recommend the chef's tour. We tried the tour with wine pairings for a large group of people and we all still talk about the meal. Each dish was interesting, carefully prepared and presented. One member of our group had a gluten allergy and Lan was very accommodating and offered a gluten free option with each course.

MeLange is easily the most interesting restaurant in Sarasota with the most delightful ownership and staff.

• Visited December 2012
Sarasota, FL
“Phenomenal !! Fabulous!! Don't miss this restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I will say that I've walked past this place hundreds of times, and always "wondered" what it was like?! Upon walking in and taking a peak at the menu, it appeared that everything looked great.. and we tried four "small plates" which was great for 2 people. Great variety of wines.. full bar (a plus!) ... and the rest is history!! We plan on making this a "regular" dining experience, and it now is on my top 10 Sarasota restaurants... Fresh, taste buds "tingled", and the best service on top of it?! WOW.. wish we tried it sooner?!

• Visited November 2012