“Eat here!”

meLange
Ranked #155 of 1,114 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Bar, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Casual New American/Eclectic restaurant open seven nights a week for dinner. Perfect for a mel with friends, pre or post thater dinner, a romantic evening for two, or a girls' night out! We are chef-owned and operated, and we support local farms as much as possible.
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I've eaten at meLange several times and the food has been consistently delicious and the staff warm and friendly. I manage an organic farm so I tend to be very picky about the freshness of my food and I've not yet had a dish that I felt was less than excellent quality. The braised wild boar is my hands down favorite dish. I'd eat it every day if I could.

If you have the time and stomach for it I highly recommend the chef's tour. We tried the tour with wine pairings for a large group of people and we all still talk about the meal. Each dish was interesting, carefully prepared and presented. One member of our group had a gluten allergy and Lan was very accommodating and offered a gluten free option with each course.

MeLange is easily the most interesting restaurant in Sarasota with the most delightful ownership and staff.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I will say that I've walked past this place hundreds of times, and always "wondered" what it was like?! Upon walking in and taking a peak at the menu, it appeared that everything looked great.. and we tried four "small plates" which was great for 2 people. Great variety of wines.. full bar (a plus!) ... and the rest is history!! We plan on making this a "regular" dining experience, and it now is on my top 10 Sarasota restaurants... Fresh, taste buds "tingled", and the best service on top of it?! WOW.. wish we tried it sooner?!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I have been here several times and I'm always amazed at how the food turns out. Wait staff is friendly and knowledgeable. The atmosphere is great. I went in with a few coworkers and we shared everything. Duck crepes, beef short ribs, something tuna.... My mouth is still watering thing of it. Highly recommend.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

We loved this place. The food was delicious and the waiter was very professional and helpful. This restaurant serves small plates, tapas style. We were five and shared two of the following: braised beef short ribs (to die for!), mushroom strudel, tuna avocado tartar, duck crepes, pork belly which we all thought were delicious and then for dessert we had the flourless chocolate cake and bread pudding. Everything was wonderful and kept you wanting more. The only thing is that when we got there the place was empty which initially made us hesitant. However we got over it with the wonderful food and are glad we stayed.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

The ingredients and dishes were very creative and flavorful. I loved the rabbit tacos, the veal sweetbreads and the pork belly and my friends loved the beef short rib. Its about $9-12 per small dish, so it isn't expensive either. I'd recommend 2 small plates per person. The restaurant seating is small. Its open until 3am, which is incredible for this type of food!