“Good veggie diner”

Ranked #152 of 1,071 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Serving Breakfast, lunch and dinner. We have something for everyone: Vegetarian, Seafood, vegan, gluten free and regular options all available.
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Located in an ancient strip mall, this small restaurant offers a decent selection for vegetarians and vegans. The fish tacos, featuring Vietnamese basa, was very bland but the veggie burger was great. The homemade soup (back eyed pea) was delicious, as was the Caesar salad.

Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Awesome restaurant. Great atmosphere. Helpful staff. Wonderful food. If your a vegetarian or vegan this place is a must!

Reviewed July 17, 2014

While I'm not strictly a vegetarian, I thought {see what assuming does, huh?!} the restaurant would offer vegetarian and vegan dishes. Not so. Many of the dishes including the specials were fish. I found that to be a bit odd.

The menu is quite extensive and I'm unclear as to how a restaurant claiming to use organic and local foods can have such a vast selection. Not much grows in this state in the summer.

I would return though.

Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

We had a big group, and the owner and staff were very accommodating.
Everyone thought the food was great.
If I lived in Sarasota I would go there all the time.

1  Thank Steve12345678910
Reviewed June 30, 2014

As a 40+ year vegetarian I take my food pretty seriously when I dine out and expect something way better than I can make at home. That did not happen at Veg. There were four of us in our party for lunch, 2 vegetarians, 2 meat eaters. Everyone ordered a vegetarian dish and none of us were very impressed. Nothing exciting for the tastebuds and nothing very innovative or fresh. It wasn't "bad" just not really that good - blah.Disappointed and will not return.

3  Thank brennanlane