“A delightful Restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Veg & Grill - A Vegetarian & Seafood Eatery

Veg & Grill - A Vegetarian & Seafood Eatery
Ranked #163 of 1,026 Restaurants in Sarasota
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Serving Breakfast, lunch and dinner. We have something for everyone: Vegetarian, Seafood, vegan, gluten free and regular options all available.
Sarasota, Florida
“A delightful Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

The veg is a delightful restaurant. It is quite unassuming, but it offers the best vegetarian and fish that I have eaten. It has something called a vegetarian platter which is a big thing of all sorts of vegies which is fantastic.

It also has a delicious spanikopta with spinich and cheese which is also good. It offers soups as well.

It also offers many desserts which are all very good.

Even the bread is whole grain and very tasty.

Fort Mill, South Carolina
“Veg - a Special Place for Vegetarians and Vegans in Sarasota”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

We enjoyed a fabulous lunch at Veg, a Sarasota vegetarian and seafood restaurant that is a bit off the beaten path. Marty and Maggie Gluckich are the talented chef-owners who turn out creative, incredibly delicious meals from the restaurant's tiny kitchen. Our new friend, Sue, a vegetarian like me since 1974, suggested Veg for lunch and we grabbed the last available four top.

Since I'd checked out the lunch menu on line, I already knew that I wanted to try Mike's Favorite "Brisket" Sandwich on rosemary foccacia bread. The thinly sliced seitan baked in sweet and tangy barbecue sauce was positively brimming with flavor and featured carmelized onions and plump golden raisins. A delicate coleslaw provided a creamy contrast.

We met Maggie and I told her that I'd give a shout out to their creative restaurant. Veg has both gluten free and vegan dishes, and we loved the fact that our friendly server greeted us and promptly asked if anyone in our party was vegan, gluten intolerant, or had other allergies. Maggie kindly brought us a slice of their raw famous fruit and nut pie to share "on the house" even before she knew it was my birthday! I tasted dates, figs, and walnuts in the mixture and am already trying to figure out how to replicate its wonderful flavor at home!

Finding fresh inspiration in unexpected places is big part of the delight of traveling - especially on my birthday! Please check out Veg if you are traveling in the Sarasota area. Many thanks to chefs Marty and Maggie for a memorable lunch!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Nice people, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stopped here after craving a good healthy vegetarian meal. The place is very small in a strip mall (seems like alot of Sarasota restaurants are in strip malls). The waitress asked me if I was vegetarian, vegan or had a gluten allergy when I sat down. Negative to all three. I ordered an organic beer that was lite and tasty. Then I had the spanokopita with a salad. It was pretty good.
The food that was coming out from the kitchen going to other tables looked very appetizing. I will need to return and be somewhat more adventurous next time.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Perfect place!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

My brother, nephew and I just finished dinner at Veg. I cannot give enough praise to the owner, staff and chef. Fresh organic and local items prepared perfectly. My brother has specific dietary concerns and they went above and beyond for us. A special thanks to Andrea. We will make a special trip in the future to Veg!!!

Sarasota, FL
“Fresh and Unusual”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

My primary care MD is a reliable source for outstanding restaurant recommendations in the Sarasota area. We held off on his Veg recommendation because it is very unimpressive from the outside. We finally gave it a shot and were not disappointed. Freshly flown in seafood offerings such as sea scallops were an option that complemented the interesting menu.. We were served generously poured glasses of wine and had pita and hummus for an appetizer. Best hummus we have ever had. My wife had a portabello volcano. Mashed potatoes covered the mushroom and were topped with caramelized onions. I had a seared cauliflower steak topped with "bolognese". All was outstanding. We will be going back.

• Visited February 2013