Tripadvisor
Sarasota
Post
Inbox
Search

“Delicious Breads and Croissants ”
Review of L’Opera Bakery

L’Opera Bakery
Ranked #429 of 1,136 Restaurants in Sarasota
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

On my first visit to L’Opera Bakery I ordered a vegetable quiche with a side of potatoes. It was delicious! I have returned several times to purchase croissants and breads. Their olive bread is my favorite. The owner and chef are very friendly and take pride in their restaurant, as they should. I highly recommend this wonderful bakery and restaurant!

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank Katherine8183
Write a reviewReviews (9)

Reviewed September 13, 2019 via mobile

We went for breakfast and had a couple of pastries and a quiche that we split. I had a Pain Aux Raison and my wife had an Almond croissant. Both were fresh and very, very tasty. Coming from up north, we’re used to the quiches being more solid. This one was so fluffy and the crust could have been it’s own pastry. The coffee was excellent although I would have preferred it hotter, but that’s just me.

The only problem I had was trying to decide what to have next time.

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank Granby-Gobbler
Reviewed July 31, 2019

High quality food. Comfortable environment, caring service. Particularly enjoy the variety of quiche, flavorful desserts, freshly baked bread. Becoming my go-to for light breakfast or lunch.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 5, 2019 via mobile

We have.visited the Shoppe several times a week since we discovered it. The “cereal” (whole grain) bread as David calls it is exquisite. We think the Boullangerie offers a loaf or baguette of several types. The Opera Sandwich chicken caramelized onions etc on baguette Outrageously good! Pastries WOW! The bests in e we weee to France. Speak slowly as he is acquiring English. Open Tue-Sat closes 3PM Summer hours

Date of visit: July 2019
1  Thank FellowTraveler222371
Reviewed June 10, 2019

This is a small, family-ran bakery. The owners, David & Adam (father & son), are from France. Adam is a professionally trained French baker, a master at his craft. The bread? The best. Traditional French baguettes, boules, batards, sourdough French, and my favorite, olive bread. They also bake superb croissants - almond, raisin, chocolate to die for, plain, and cinnamon rolls. They also serve breakfast and lunch, but haven't made it past the bread yet. Because they are French, and new to Sarasota, they didn't understand the odd American tradition of getting free refills on coffee. I explained this to them and they immediately changed their policy to be consistent with traditional American restaurants that serve breakfast. Very polite and gracious people - the whole family works here. I'll be back!

Date of visit: June 2019