“Pompous, cold and impersonal Hostess/Owner!”
Review of MoZaic

MoZaic
Reserve with OpenTable
MoZaic is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #112 of 1,055 Restaurants in Sarasota
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pineapple Avenue
Description: At Mozaic, we are committed to a guest-friendly cuisine that is seasonal and market driven, utilizing fruits and vegetables from local farmers and seafood from surrounding waters. Mozaic's dinner menu features an exciting variety of polished dishes ranging from starters and small plates to hearty entrees and indulgent desserts. Our new modern American small plate menu emphasizes sharing and seasonality, served with a side of Mozaic’s signature artistic flair. Our cuisine is not defined by a specific geographical area, but rather reflects a mosaic of cultures and influences. The ingredients we use are sourced locally whenever possible and are not strange or exotic, but really quite familiar and the flavors are intoxicating.
Reviewed November 3, 2012

After hearing so much Fanfare about the cuisine at this restaurant, last week we decided to give it a try. As we walked in we immediately felt unwelcome by an austere hostess, she had that "I am important and you are not worth my time" kind of attitude, then she abruptly led us to a very tiny table in an undesirable corner of the restaurant. it was around 6PM and the place was literally empty, I understand that holding tables for reservations is necessary but the way she handled it was like "you are not VIP and I am in power to give you this left over table and you should be thankful to even get this table in our prestigious restaurant". I never felt so small like that in a restaurant (we have eaten at some snobbish places in Paris but it never hurt that low), so we declined and left for another restaurant down the street. There we were received by a cheerful and kind hostess. Now this place was busy and lively and we had a good meal and unpretentious service. While we were eating we reminisced about our encounter at mosaic and wondered why the maitre d' or general manager don't realize that the first impression from the hostess is very crucial. On our way out the hostess bade us a genuine goodbye and even opened the door for us (what a difference? I thought). To get to our car we passed by mosaic; we swallowed our pride and went in to honestly share our experience and maybe offer some constructive criticism with the hostess, but that turned out unfruitful as the hostess -with a much inflated ego this time- was only interested in letting us know that she was the owner as she was disinterested, arrogant, and unfriendly. I am not surprised that the restaurant was still mostly empty. No wonder, if the owner delivers this kind of attitude, what could come out of the rest of the staff. As they say "don't cast your pearls before swine"; It is so true and if I may add, don't cast your hard-earned money on rude pontifical restaurateurs.

4  Thank ann_Tuc

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I have lived in Sarasota just a few miles away from this gem of a restaurant, and didn't try it until last week?! Shame on me?! I'm now hooked, and plan on making this a frequent dining spot. The food was SPECTACULAR.. the wine list was complete (and not as pricey as most in the area)...
and service was excellent?!!!!! And to think I've been missing out on this place? .. This place has now climbed to one of my top 5 restaurants here in Sarasota, and I am very picky so that says it all!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Quaint and unique. Excellent wine selection. Staff is friendly and knowledgeable. Only once in about 20 visits did I find something I didn't really like. Great place with a date, a love, or friends.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

The ambience was comfortable, the wait staff were always attentive, and the food was spot on. My companion ordered her steak rare and I had mine medium and MoZaic delivered. The Marseilles dessert was almost too beautiful to eat. The only negative was the small chocolate fudge-like squares offered as we were in the process of paying. The chef should burn the recipe for the combination of truffle oil and chocolate--it was awful. Everything considered this is a wonderful place for a leisurely meal.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Excellent food quality, relatively small portions, very good service, OK ambiance, and big check.
Convenient downtown location with public parking nearby.