“Fantastic Bird Sanctuary and refuge..”
Review of Save Our Seabirds

and up
Small-Group Tour: 3-Hour Mysteries of Native Florida Hike
Ranked #26 of 147 things to do in Sarasota
More attraction details
Owner description: Bird rescue, rehabilitation, and release. Birds that are not releasable are given permanent homes in our Wild Bird Learning Center, where you can see up to 250 birds of 30 different species up close and personal every day. Family Friendly Pricing of $6 for adults, $4 for children age 4 to 12. Educational tours available upon prior request. (Former site of Pelican Man Bird Sanctuary)
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Many many species of previously injured or disabled birds.....Hawks, Owls, pelicans, waterbirds, tropical species..... are available for viewing and interaction at this lovely walk through Bird Sanctuary. Close to great family waterfront restuarants and also to Mote Aquarium!

4  Thank JHR0007

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Get up close and personal with a variety of local birds. Worth the $5 ( it used to be free, but I am sure the admission price helps keep things afloat) We visit everytime we are in the area. Especially love the owls.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I had the pleasure of visiting Save Our Seabirds last month. I was greeted by a very energetic and educated employee who made my family feel very welcomed. I believe her name is Cally. She was great telling my small children about some of the birds at Save Our Seabirds and some of their stories. It was very clean there and you can tell they really care about all the birds there. I definitely will return, hopefully Cally will be there to greet us again.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

It is a great place to learn about what is being done to save our seabird population. Everything is clean and the birds are well cared for.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is a fantastic team of people that are doing amazing things. Wandering through the facility is cool but a bit sad seeing all the injured animals. It used to be free and we would go through when we went to Mote any you could just leave a donation. They have now started charging admission and the last time we went to mote we chose not to pay the price. I wish Mote would just work something out with them and make it part of one ticket, since walking through is a good learning experience for the kids.