“Interesting”

and up
Small-Group Tour: 3-Hour Mysteries of Native Florida Hike
Ranked #27 of 145 things to do in Sarasota
More attraction details
Owner description: Bird rescue, rehabilitation, and release. Birds that are not releasable are given permanent homes in our Wild Bird Learning Center, where you can see up to 250 birds of 30 different species up close and personal every day. Family Friendly Pricing of $6 for adults, $4 for children age 4 to 12. Educational tours available upon prior request. (Former site of Pelican Man Bird Sanctuary)
Reviewed October 31, 2012

It is a great place to learn about what is being done to save our seabird population. Everything is clean and the birds are well cared for.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is a fantastic team of people that are doing amazing things. Wandering through the facility is cool but a bit sad seeing all the injured animals. It used to be free and we would go through when we went to Mote any you could just leave a donation. They have now started charging admission and the last time we went to mote we chose not to pay the price. I wish Mote would just work something out with them and make it part of one ticket, since walking through is a good learning experience for the kids.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

If you love birds and nature, then this is a great place to visit unless you are bothered seeing some of the injured animals. This is a bird rescue organization that does great work in that area. It's free to walk through, but there are donations boxes you can donate to help the birds. While were there, we were able to see some of the bird we don't see everyday. Some of them were sad cases, but it was also a joy to know this organization existed to help them.

1  Thank Karen S
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Everything here from osprey to sandhill cranes with prostetic legs! Don't miss the talking parrots. Please help our injured birds and make the trip to SOSB.

1  Thank Jane J
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This little gem of a rescue organization is located in the parking lot of MOTE marine lab. My daughter and I stumbled upon it by accident while visiting the aquarium and now make a stop there every time. There are rarely any employees around (and I think most may be volunteers), but the birds are somewhat self explanatory. They are all injured. Many can never be released due to the nature of their injuries. I always end up crying for some reason while I'm there. I know that doesn't sound fun, but it is usually because I am so impressed by the perseverance of the birds. Some of them have artificial limbs. Some have difficulty eating (usually those are the ones that make me cry - they struggle so hard to eat). If you visit, please be quiet. I often see families with small children who are yelling as they run through the facility. It really upsets the birds who are trying to recover. These birds are truly inspiring.