“So glad to find this restaurant!”
Review of Cafe Gabbiano

Cafe Gabbiano
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Gabbiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 1,055 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Canal
Description: Cafe Gabbiano is the best Italian fine dining experience on Siesta Key! We invite you to enjoy our carefully prepared authentic Italian cuisine and a world class selection of wine.
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I have lived in Sarasota for many years but don't get to Siesta Key very often. Now - after eating at Cafe Gabbiano - I will be there often! The food was fantastic, as was the service. Nora was our server and her warm and friendly personality just added to her complete knowledge of the menu! The atmospher can't be beat! I had the best Chicken Marsala that I ever ate! And my friend savored every bite of her dish! We will be back - and soon!

Marc G, Owner at Cafe Gabbiano, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

We're so proud to be your reason to visit the area every once in a while, Sara. From the sounds of it, Nora has earned a shout out for a job well done. We'd be more than happy to have you and your friend back in for another bite to eat soon. Our menu awaits!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

This restaurant is located on siesta key on ocean blvd. my husband had the tortellini soup and veal piccata, and both were excellent. He is a real bread lover, and the bread on the table was crusty and yummy. I had the eggplant Parmesan, the dish was wonderful and cooked perfectly...thinly sliced eggplant in a wonderful red sauce. I only wish I had left room for desert.

Marc G, Owner at Cafe Gabbiano, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

It sounds like you and your husband really dove into our menu, Jane! I'm happy to hear you two enjoyed every bite. Hopefully next time you guys come in for a visit, there will be more room for dessert — it's always good to leave dinner on a sweet note, after all. Looking forward to it!

All the best,

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Entering this lovely restaurant tucked away in the beach town of Siesta Village, one sees the cloth tablecloths and hears the nice background music, and expects a pleasant experience. Regrettably, and despite the price, this is not delivered. The food is mediocre--a recent fish dish promised capers but these were bland and flavorless. When the server asked about the meal, and was told of the issue, she said only that she would "pass it along." After clearing the table following the entrée, we were offered dessert but no one cleaned the crumbs. Bus boys rushed through the dining room for no apparent reason through much of the meal. And, finally. the coffee was flavorless.

Marc G, Owner at Cafe Gabbiano, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

We're very sorry this was the case, Mike. Please know that I'm following up with our team in the kitchen about this. Though we don't typically get this sort of response, it's certainly our goal to make sure every guest is leaving us happy. I hope that you will consider giving us another shot so you can see your feedback being used in action. I know we can cook you the meal you were hoping more.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We have eaten here several times, and it's consistently good! Great service, wine, and great food. Relaxing atmosphere. My only complaint is the music gets too loud on the porch...asked to turn it down, and it kept getting turned back up. Next time will eat inside.
But will be back!

Marc G, Owner at Cafe Gabbiano, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Though I'm happy to hear you love coming in to see us, I'm sorry about the volume level on our porch. That's some very helpful feedback for us! We'll be more mindful of that moving forward. In the meantime, we'd love to invite you back in again soon.

Cheers,

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We have been here more than a few times and the experience has always been good. It's a neat ambiance with an old world feel and nicely intimate. You can also eat on the patio but inside has the "feel" for a wonderful meal. The service is excellent and their wine list is extensive, but can be expensive. I find the Gabbiano labelled wines for about $30 are just fine

Marc G, Owner at Cafe Gabbiano, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write us up a review! We're definitely aiming for the old world feel, so thanks for pointing that out. Also, I'm happy to hear you enjoy our labelled wines. That's always a fantastic compliment to receive! We're looking forward to seeing you again soon.