“Consistently excellent....”
Review of Cafe Gabbiano

Cafe Gabbiano
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Gabbiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 1,045 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Canal
Description: Cafe Gabbiano is the best Italian fine dining experience on Siesta Key! We invite you to enjoy our carefully prepared authentic Italian cuisine and a world class selection of wine.
Sarasota, Florida
“Consistently excellent....”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Cafe Gabbiana is one of our favorites restaurants. Recently, I ordered the pasta special which was filled with cheese and truffles in a butter, sage sauce... finished with truffle oil. It tasted like something I'd never had before and was absolutely delicious. My dining companion ordered the grouper with julienne potatoes. The grouper was cooked to perfection. We've been to Gabbiano's several times and the food and service is consistently excellent. I'm partial to the decor which feels like I'm dining in a Tuscan wine cellar..... very unique and charming.

1 Thank betsypinkhouse
Marc G, Owner at Cafe Gabbiano, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words about your experiences with us. I'm very pleased to hear everything was cooked to you and your companion's liking. Next time you feel like having a taste of Italy, we hope to see you in our dining room for another delicious meal.

All the best,

Miami, Florida
“Good food and attention”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We both a veal dishes - excellent. The staff was courteous and paid attention. Worth coming back to.

1 Thank Bob33134
Marc G, Owner at Cafe Gabbiano, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
This is just what I like to hear! Thanks for the stellar recommendation. We can't wait to have you back to try more of our entrees next time you're in Sarasota!

'Til then,
Boonsboro, Maryland
“Definitely worth Second Trip”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

My husband and I were renting in Siesta Keys and when friends came for the day, we wanted some place special for dinner. We found Café Gabbiano and what a treat! Upon walking inside, we noticed this beautiful wine bar and wine stored on shelves around the entire place. We were seated in the bar area (our choice) and immediately greeted by a lovely waitress, Patricia. The rest of the staff introduced themselves as they came to the table. I noticed escargot listed on their special wine dinner menu, and enquired as to whether I could order them. When the Chef said absolutely, I was so excited and they were the best I have ever had. Our entire meal was fabulous and we all ate more than we thought possible. I immediately sent a drink back to the Chef in appreciation. Patricia could not have been any more responsive and informative on food questions or wines. The next evening, while my husband and I were enroute to some place for dinner, we both agreed spontaneously and went back to Café Gabbiano and asked for Patricia. This time we sat on the enclosed deck, which has the feeling of a French Cafe'. When we return to Siesta Keys, I can quarantee that this will be our first stop!!.

1 Thank ORHS66
Marc G, Owner at Cafe Gabbiano, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
The best escargot you've ever had? What an amazing compliment! The fact that you dined with us two nights in a row is just the icing on the cake. Thanks for your thoughtful recommendation; I have no doubt your kind words will make Patricia's day!

Safe travels,
Delray Beach, Florida
“Excellent meals, service, and ambiance”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband treated me here for my birthday dinner! WOW! I can't imagine a better choice in Siesta Key!

Make no mistake, this is a wine bar restaurant, and at first glance it looks like fine dining requiring your best attire. At second glance, it's obvious that diners are comfortable in shorts, flip flops, t-shirts/casual tops. This is Siesta Key where "casual" is the attire of the day and carries more weight than your Sunday best. Even the servers here wear jeans (hidden underneath their aprons).

Wine is EVERYWHERE! No matter where you sit, you'll be in sight of bottles of a number of varietals of wine. We were seated in a little room in the back, where there were only a handful of tables. It was a nice, intimate, cozy spot and perfect for my birthday!

Service here is friendly, but the food is over the top! As we were seated, the couple next to us asked us if we'd ever been here before. (We hadn't.) When they told us we were in for a treat, they weren't kidding!

The Linguine Pescatora was FULL of seafood. They did not skimp one bit! My husband had the Gamberoni di Ischia. Both entrees were huge, and neither of us could finish our meals.

For a special celebration, choose Cafe Gabbiano. Or, for just a really good dining experience, choose Cafe Gabbiano.

No matter the occasion, or lack of one, just know that you're a-ok to keep with the casual vibe of Siesta Key here if you're not feeling like getting all dolled up. You'll be fine and you will LOVE it here!

• Visited August 2013
Marc G, Owner at Cafe Gabbiano, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
We appreciate the love! Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your visit on here as well. Hope to see you in again (hopefully before your next birthday!) Take care, Marc, Owner
Port Charlotte, Florida, United States
“Delightful Meal”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We had been meaning to try this restaurant on the advise of a friend, and finally went 2 weeks ago. We arrived early around 5:45pm, but the place filled nicely by time we left. My husband and I both had Veal dishes. The veal melted in your mouth. Best veal we have ever had in any restaurant. I had Scalloppine Alla Fiorentina. My husband had the Veal Piccata. The service was attentive and there was nice calming background music. All and all we can't wait for our snowbird friends to come back to take them there.

• Visited July 2013
Marc G, Owner at Cafe Gabbiano, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
It's hard to go wrong with a good piece of veal! I'm so glad you and your husband enjoyed it, Joyce. Please know that you guys are welcome back any time. We'll have the veal waiting!

Cheers,