“This is a Gem of a Neighborhood Bakery”

Paisano's Italian Bakery
Ranked #9 of 25 Bakeries in Sarasota
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We were taking dessert to some italian friends house that were having us for dinner. We tried this place for the first time and picked up some Cannolis. They were out of this world; as were the cookies and biscoti we also tried.

According to their web site they are supposed to be open on Sunday during November; but that was not the case.

Highly recommend this bakery - just watch out. Everything is so good it is bound to have you indulging too much.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

The bakery had great service.. The Italian bread which they call baguette seemed to taste like it was burn't or frozen. The bakery was also clean. I was disappointed when I saw calzone on the window and walked in it was more of a Stromboli. That is prob my fault as Florida is different from a ny calzone. Also, the linger tarts were very chewy or doughy.

1  Thank John M
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Whenever in this neighborhood can't resist popping in to fill in with quick and great tasting treats....I wouldn't call it a restaurant though there are tables.....pastry, cookies, soups, sauces, lasagnes, to take away and make not cooking at home a yummy snap ...and don't leave without treating yourself to a freshly filled cannolli....my Italian mother in law would approve.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

If you enjoy an authentic Italian bakery items as well as homemade pizza, calzones and so much more, do not miss Paisano's Italian Bakery. They also sell pizza dough, meatballs, pizza sauce, lasagne, and my personal favorite -- eggplant parmesan. These are baked fresh every Tuesday and are in the cooler to take home at a great price. They treat you like family and we will go back again and again.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have made several trips to this bakery. The Italian pastries remind me of home. Unfortunately, I had the worst experience with the woman behind the counter. She so nasty and rude. I will not be back and will tell my friend about my experience.

3  Thank hr06